• 29(current)
Xbmc not working for blind users.
Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.56.

Get it or the repository from the Downloads Page.

Changes:
  • Added support for playing MP3 based backends on windows internally
  • Google backend now works on windows
  • Added speechutil.com backend (Very slow but should work on all platforms)
  • OSXSay backend now accesses speech library directly instead of via subprocess
  • Added voice selection to OSXSay backend
  • Added language selection to Google backend
  • Added player selection to Google backend
  • Added volume selection to Google backend
  • Added player selection to pico2wave

Skipped a version because of a little snafu I had updating my repository.

It's been longer than normal since the last update, but as you can see I added a lot of things.
Behind the scenes I rewrote the OSX backend and improved the way voice selection is handled, which affected a bunch of code for all the backends.
I added the ability to change volume on Google. I'll be able to carry this through to many of the other backends in the future.
Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.57.

Changes:
  • Fix error on Google backend on windows caused by speed and volume additions
  • Fix error on Google backend when language not set
  • Added volume on SAPI

Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.58.

Changes:
  • Fix for possible SAPI error on older windows versions
Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.59.

Changes:
  • Added ability to set volume with paplay
  • Added volume to pico2wave
  • Added volume to eSpeak
  • Added rate, pitch and volume to Cepstral
  • Added speed and volume to Festival
  • Added rate and volume to OSXSay
  • Added module, voice, speed, pitch and volume to Speech-Dispatcher
  • Added player, speed and volume to Flite
Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.60.

Changes:
  • Added sound to indicate busy dialog is showing

If someone can point me to a better sound, please feel free Smile
Wow, You've been busy. Leave for a second and come back and you are several releases out and a new repo, lol. Big Grin Everything is working excellently on my end. Didn't even think about sound for the busy dialog, Awesome. I actually have to say you have chosen pretty good sounds so far, I think they work perfectly for the function. I love the new volume functions.

Did you ever reply to Cepstral? Im getting ready to purchase the voices for my XBMCuntu Nuc. The Pi has been working really well with Raspbmc and the google tts, Actually even better than my XBMCubunt machine with the google tts.

As always, You hard works is Oh so greatly appreciated by more people than you know. I know you get tired of seeing it, But I can't help it, Thank you so very much. Wink
I have noticed I have issues with eSpeak volume. Most likelly this is because I haven't looking for ages and directly updated my older service and lib/backend git clones. I am seeing this. I'll look if I can do something.

Edit: It seems we are missing default setVolume method inside the PlayerHandler class.
Also speech-dispatcher is not playing for me atm. I need to check my settings.

Edit2: Default speech-dispatcher volume setting should be changed to 100 or to something audible i.e. higher than 0 . Also there are issues with speech-dispatcher specific settings not loading from the addon config. Defaults are used regardless from the values set by the user. I am trying to make it work for me.
(2014-05-24, 02:50)Traker1001 Wrote: Wow, You've been busy. Leave for a second and come back and you are several releases out and a new repo, lol. Big Grin Everything is working excellently on my end. Didn't even think about sound for the busy dialog, Awesome. I actually have to say you have chosen pretty good sounds so far, I think they work perfectly for the function. I love the new volume functions.
No new repo yet.
(2014-05-24, 02:50)Traker1001 Wrote: Did you ever reply to Cepstral?
No I was deciding whether I wanted to try a few things to make it work better first.
(2014-05-24, 02:50)Traker1001 Wrote: As always, You hard works is Oh so greatly appreciated by more people than you know. I know you get tired of seeing it, But I can't help it, Thank you so very much. Wink
While I don't do this just to be appreciated, I definitely don't mind people appreciating the effort.
(2014-05-24, 15:44)pvagner Wrote: I have noticed I have issues with eSpeak volume. Most likelly this is because I haven't looking for ages and directly updated my older service and lib/backend git clones. I am seeing this. I'll look if I can do something.

Edit: It seems we are missing default setVolume method inside the PlayerHandler class.
I'll add that. I'm also going to restructure the audio backend somewhat. It's kind of a mess at the moment.
(2014-05-24, 15:44)pvagner Wrote: Also speech-dispatcher is not playing for me atm. I need to check my settings.
I had a problem with speech-dispatcher not working as well. I had to kill the server, and when I started up XBMC again, it was working fine.
(2014-05-24, 15:44)pvagner Wrote: Edit2: Default speech-dispatcher volume setting should be changed to 100 or to something audible i.e. higher than 0 . Also there are issues with speech-dispatcher specific settings not loading from the addon config. Defaults are used regardless from the values set by the user. I am trying to make it work for me.
I set the default volume before I realized that while speed and pitch were -100 to 100, volume was only a percentage and never fixed it, thanks for finding that.
The ID's for the settings were wrong because of a lowercase letter. Fixing it now.

Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.61.

Changes:
  • Fix for error when using audio players without volume control
  • Fix for Speech Dispatcher settings not being honored

Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.62.

Changes:
  • Re-structure audio player backend in a more intelligent manner
  • Fix Windows audio player
  • Fix broken on and off sound effect wavs

For those who didn't hear the enable/disable sound effects, that should be fixed now.
I cleaned up a mess in the audio player handling code. Everything seems to be working fine, but I changed a lot of stuff so there is a chance there may be issues.
thanks verry much for the latest fixes. All is working fine for me now.
Here is something that has been tweaked a while ago but I have only started using it yesterday.
I am on XBMC Gotham final on arch linux with confluence skin.
A functionality has been added to this addon that overrides reading tv guide screen. When that is available it reports EPG info labels instead of standard list item label I guess. There are two issues with this. If you are inside the epg guide and you hit context menu the epg info label is reported instead of context menu entries.
When I click TV on the home screen I can use up and down keys to cycle over the sections e.g. tv, radio, epg, recordings etc. Now while it's supposed to announce sections where there are channels inside e.g. tv, radio and EPG, it reports EPG info from the first available channel instead.
And there is something what may not be an issue but just my stupid preference. By default when browsing EPG timeline and / or the list of channels I would also like to hear channel name preferably before the EPG info.
If first two points can't be addressed because of how PVR functionality is implemented then I am suggesting reverting this and I would only be relying on F3 more info for getting EPG info for the highlighted item.
If it can be fixed please consider also reporting the channel name.

Greetings

Peter
Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.63.

Changes:
  • Fixed context menu speaking extra texts for underlying window
  • Fixed View Options menu speaking the view texts rather that the selected item text
  • TV and Radio channel views now speak the number, channel name and then title for the selected item
Peter: I think I fixed all the problems you mentioned. As far as what is spoken for each view, I didn't have my normal access to a PVR so I had to use the demo PVR which is just stubs. It is a little harder to tell what each label represents when using this, because they are very generic. I'll have to look at it again if/when I get access to a PVR with real data.

On the timeline, you want the channel name and then the episode title? Currently the addon speaks the selected item label, and then if auto extra speaking is enabled, it speaks the extra info. So what I think you want is for it to say the channel name before all of this.

In any case, this sounds like the sort of thing that should be a toggle-able preference in settings. In fact, there are probably a few things with PVR that will be like that.
Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.64.

Changes:
  • Add afplay: wav and mp3 player for OSX
  • Fix bug causing errors on some backends
  • Modify Cepstral for slight performance improvement

The addon can now handle both wav and mp3 speech engine output on linux, windows and OSX. Right now this pretty much means that Google can work on all these platforms, but it could be useful for some future use as well.

The Cepstral change just pipes text to the subprocess without killing it for each phrase. So before, saying the window name and then the control would call the process twice, but now just once. Basically it's only an improvement when not interrupting speech, so not that much of an improvement Smile I spent a few hours trying to access the Cepstral library directly, and while I was able to do so somewhat, I wasn't able to make it work. Oh well.
Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.65.

Changes:
  • Fix for PVR window being handled generically
(2014-05-26, 15:19)ruuk Wrote: Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.65.

Changes:
  • Fix for PVR window being handled generically

Checked this thread a while ago, just checked again and DAMN - you're on fire. Thank you for your work.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc not working for blind users.5