New Build - Eden Live, Sabnzb, Sick Beard, etc. ?
I'm building a system for a friend and need to figure out the best base to start on. Basically can I start on Eden now and update to the final without killing all the config?

Requirements:
Linux based
Can run emulators
sabnzbd
sickbeard
xbox 360 controller used as the remote

I wanted to use openelec but emulators and the 360 controller aren't supported yet. So it looks like live is what I'm going to be going with. Unfortunately I'm also under a time constraint, he's leaving in a couple weeks. So I would like to get everything setup on Eden rather then Dharma considering how close to release it is and there are very few tickets left open.

I guess the main question is how can I start on Eden now and update to the final release without killing all the setup with sabnzb/sickbeard/emulators etc...

Another part of my plan is to run everything off a usb stick, with the media/roms/downloads being stored on a spindle drive. I'll send with with an identical backup usb stick so if he manages to break something or whatever, he plug in the backup and he's good to go. I'm going to move all the logging and everything I can off the usb stick to try and save it from dieing (sabnzbd/sickbeard do lots of writes). Is there any issues with this idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Build - Eden Live, Sabnzb, Sick Beard, etc. ?0