How I power on my Revo 3700 from complete Power Off State
This method should actually work for any computer so long as the BIOS supports a feature called "Power on from Power Loss".

First you will need to purchase a smart power strip, the one that i bought and is working for me is at the following link.

http://www.smarthome.com/43998/Bits-Limi...ing/p.aspx

The way this power strip works is you have one plug on the strip that can control the power state of other devices that are plugged into the automatically switched outlets. For example I have my TV plugged into the Control outlet and my Revo 3700 plugged into one of the automatically switched outlets. When I power on my TV my Revo 3700 automatically powers on from a complete power off state.

In order to make it work though you need to go into the BIOS under Power Management and turn a feature on called Power on from power loss. That's all there is to it. I'm lazy and the wake from USB function works and everything but late at night that blinking light was driving me crazy so I have been turning the pc on by pressing the button, well not anymore.

You don't have to use a TV as the control device either, it can be anything else you want to turn on with a remote and have the PC power on automatically. Another great benefit of the smart power strip is that it saves energy by completely shutting all power to the devices plugged into the automatically switched outlets, this saves what they call "vampire energy" but it also has some hot outlets that always remain on if you want to use those for something like a DVR that could lose your programmed schedule if it lost all power.
LH88 Wrote:When I power on my TV my Revo 3700 automatically powers on from a complete power off state.
That is old school idea. In my case- if I want to watch football on the same 56" HDTV using Directv, I don't want my HTPC to come on when I turn on my HDTV.

If you like to turn on your HTPC with through power outlet, this "Infrared Plug Adapter Wireless IR Remote Converter" might be a better option.

or this one come with remote control- Woods 13568 Indoor Wireless Remote Control Outlet, 3-Outlet.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:That is old school idea. In my case- if I want to watch football on the same 56" HDTV using Directv, I don't want my HTPC to come on when I turn on my HDTV.

If you like to turn on your HTPC with through power outlet, this "Infrared Plug Adapter Wireless IR Remote Converter" might be a better option.

or this one come with remote control- Woods 13568 Indoor Wireless Remote Control Outlet, 3-Outlet.

It may be old school to you but it's new to me since I am new to the whole HTPC thing. I searched for how other people were powering on their HTPC's but never seemed to find anything that would work unless you had a PC with an ATX power supply or some method that required to open the PC and do some soldering or install some chip. I mostly saw discussions on the WOL method which didn't appeal to me either so I decided to try something else and I'm happy with it.
LH88 Wrote:I'm happy with it.
That is all it matter! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How I power on my Revo 3700 from complete Power Off State0