• 3(current)
[WIP] Alaska HD
also can't wait!!!
Alaska was the I used for a year, loved it. If the HD version includes the fancy new features illegal in eden it might kick MQ3 to the curb on my system
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Illegal?
Hitcher Wrote:Illegal?
... and thank you Android keyboard auto'in'correct!

I love when it changes things and I dont notice.

Ignore 'illegal' and it makes sense Smile
What features does MQ3 have?
newer features in Settings like being able to change UI colors on the fly, adding home menu items with a few clicks, etc.

honestly all of the Aeon clones don't impress me, they are all the same IMO with tweaks here/there... somce of the most unique, and well thought out view/screen work I've seen is in Prescence by EKIM232 (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96977). The Movie Library Info List view is perfect and the music album carousel is unlike any other skin, period. ... Then there is the Recently Added widget - makes the Aeon widget look like old school.
... Then there is the background animations that no other skin has - elegant.

I really wish he'd update it to work on Eden.

But, if he does not, Alaska HD will likely be my skin of choice.
OK, so this is different than the Alaska I saw and got yesterday?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Yes, b/c it's a planned project. There are no releases.
Hi Hitcher, do you think you'll add more viewtypes for programs?

w2w
Probably not, in fact I intend to make this version a lot leaner and only have a few view types based on the current content.

Do you think there's a particular program that doesn't fit in the current views?
Hitcher,
I wanted to say how I appreciate your dedication to the community. You are one of the few extremely talented skinners that not creates skins, but also supports/updates/fixes them for a long period of time after release.

I'm VERY much looking forward to Alaska HD and hope that you allow user themes - it allows your vision to blossom while enabling users to pick colors that suit their needs/tastes/etc

If you need a beta tester... I'm all fingers!
Hitcher Wrote:Probably not, in fact I intend to make this version a lot leaner and only have a few view types based on the current content.

Ok, do you know which viewtypes alaska hd will have ?

Hitcher Wrote:Do you think there's a particular program that doesn't fit in the current views?

Yes, advanced launcher. As I use this add-on for comics an pc games libraries. I think at least poster fixed info souhld be very cool and good looking. More that current viewtypes.

I couldn't had more viewtype in my mod. It didn't work.

w2w
Hitcher Wrote:This will eventually be the next reincarnation of Alaska.

It will be, as the title suggests, coded at 1080p and also pretty much from scratch (perfectionist that I am)

Hey There. I Dare you to make the skin 16x10 compatible. Nobody has done it yet. Will you be the 1st?

This my lame attempt to try and get a skin that will show all my lovely posters fanart thumbs landscape.jpg and CearArt.png Logo.png and CDart and cd covers with out them being stretched vertically due to skins all being 720p or 1018p 16x9 format. just one skin that can do 16x10 screen resolutions is all I am asking Big Grin (yes I know I can set my display to go 16x9 but then I have back bars above and below the skin and that never looks nice when the skin is meant to fit the whole display)
Waiting for that too Big Grin
what percent of displays are 16x10? I know of no TVs in the USA that are and only a small % of computer displays are anything but 16x9 now... way under 1%.

I don't see any logic to making a skin that works on under 1% of the screens perfectly and over 99% of the screen improperly.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Alaska HD2