• 3(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now
I got this installed and working yesterday but having an awful lot of issues. I was looking forward to the air play support but it looks like there is no audio support. Videos play but periodically get a black screen.

Getting lip sync issues and when playing a Blu-ray (decrypted via any DVD) xbmc totally locked up when the movie was paused and then resumed.

Lots of other issues too. I know the devs have been working hard on this but seems more like early alpha to me than beta. When I put a product into beta all major bugs should be stomped and it should just need a bit of polish before release.

Time to go back to 10.1.
I find the beta to be working amazingly. I have had no problems yet. Good job boys. Thank you for all your hard work
hartly Wrote:I find the beta to be working amazingly. I have had no problems yet. Good job boys. Thank you for all your hard work

Ditto
I completely lost Weather! Nothing works, when I type in my location choices, it comes back with nothing. No Weather Plus, Wunderground, regular Weather, nothing at all.
voip-ninja Wrote:I got this installed and working yesterday but having an awful lot of issues. I was looking forward to the air play support but it looks like there is no audio support. Videos play but periodically get a black screen.

Getting lip sync issues and when playing a Blu-ray (decrypted via any DVD) xbmc totally locked up when the movie was paused and then resumed.

Lots of other issues too. I know the devs have been working hard on this but seems more like early alpha to me than beta. When I put a product into beta all major bugs should be stomped and it should just need a bit of polish before release.

Time to go back to 10.1.

i'm sure you've created trac tickets including debuglogs for each of your issues?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
hdmax Wrote:I completely lost Weather! Nothing works, when I type in my location choices, it comes back with nothing. No Weather Plus, Wunderground, regular Weather, nothing at all.

which location are you searching for?

also could you try if it finds anything when you search for a large city, for instance Paris ?

in case it doesn't work with Wunderground, please post a Debug Log and i'll look into it.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi
How long should install take ?
I'm using asrock htpc with win7 64bit OS and it keeps hanging at about 90% or so,
Is it me or is it not compatible ?
Many thanks for your Christmas gift and all your lots of work you did.
I was following the nightlies since I started with XBMC/Win - so I'm awfully looking forward to the beta - BUT...
the link on the download page "see here for the current beta builds" (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/) leads to nothing else but Dharma betas (win32 directory)

Am I overseeing the link, can't find the official beta1

Kind regards & Merry Christmas to All - Christoph
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)
Ok sorted it
Christoph21x Wrote:Many thanks for your Christmas gift and all your lots of work you did.
I was following the nightlies since I started with XBMC/Win - so I'm awfully looking forward to the beta - BUT...
the link on the download page "see here for the current beta builds" (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/) leads to nothing else but Dharma betas (win32 directory)

Am I overseeing the link, can't find the official beta1

Kind regards & Merry Christmas to All - Christoph

maybe your browser cache is playing tricks on you?

here"s a direct link:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/x..._beta1.exe
Eden does look good, but crashed everytime tvtunes script ran.
My setup is a AsRock ION330 running Ubuntu Lucid and XBMC standalone.

I'll wait for a stable release to come out. Beta didn't work for me.
Is Eden able to share photos to dlna clients? So far as I can tell, Dharma can only share music/videos.

I just built an xbmc media server for the relatives, but as photographers, they were disappointed by the lack of a shared photo library.
tcman47 Wrote:Merry Xmas, great news on eden.

I have just perfected Dharma, can someone list the exact method to upgrade to eden.

Backup userdata, libraries, something along those lines Huh

I am about to upgrade in a bit... also had the same question.

Just backup the userdata that's hidden in the folder, uninstall 10.1 and then install 11 and copy back the userdata folder back in again?
(C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC)

Will the 10.1 Aeon Nox that I use will still work with Eden?

thanx
So... if running Ubuntu you have to wait for the ppa to get updated?

Just formated my HTPC and want it as "clean" as possible, will this beta differ much from the original release regarding file structure or similar? Don't really know how to explain it Big Grin Thanks anyway!
Beer40oz Wrote:I am about to upgrade in a bit... also had the same question.

Just backup the userdata that's hidden in the folder, uninstall 10.1 and then install 11 and copy back the userdata folder back in again?
(C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC)

Will the 10.1 Aeon Nox that I use will still work with Eden?

thanx

No need to do any of that.
Just upgrade right over your current install.

All your userdata will remain there untouched.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now1