• 4(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now
Upgraded tonight [ATV2] and got to say that the animations etc. are SO much smoother than what they were before. Been running up to date nighties anyway but this one seems a big step! Very impressed.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
I installed this on my brother-in-law's AppleTV today and so far it looks good. I noticed a general improvement in the responsiveness of the user interface first and foremost. I was able to watch Icefilms and Hulu without any issues. I did have the system lock up when adding music from a UPnP source, but that could be caused by his setup (I did not do too much investigation yet).

Overall, I am impressed with the work the team has done over the last year since Dharma's release. Thank you for your diligence and sacrifice to all those volunteering their time and expertise to this great project, and I look forward to Eden reaching its full version status in the near future!
I would recommend anyone upgrading from Dharma should switch back to Confluence before upgrading. I was running Aeon Nox on my 10.1 install and after installing the Eden Beta, XBMC kept locking up on launch. I backed up my 10.1 install so I wasn't worried. I reverted to 10.1, set my skin to Confluence and after reinstalling Eden Beta 1, everything was fine.
ronie Wrote:maybe your browser cache is playing tricks on you?
here"s a direct link:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/x..._beta1.exe

Dear ronie,
thanks a lot for the direct link - installed and... awful!
Once more: thank you team!
To all of you a happy new year - you may be very proud of what you did...

Kind regards from Switzerland - Christoph
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)
Thanks a lot for this great work. Just in time to combine two XMas presentsSmile.
Unpack ATV2, Jailbreak it, install Eden was almost a singel step. However I made the following observations

Adding Video Sources without a Keyboard is almost impossible, so I thought I coulde use Apple Remote in a iPad to enter the data, but the keyboard does not show on text input fields on the Apple Remote App. So I edited the sources.xml to test. I'll have a BT keyboard today to overcome this issue anyhow, but nevertheless using the Apple Remote App keyboard would be nice alternative.

Playback of 1080p MKV, created with MakeMKV from a BD stutter a lot, don't know if this is even supported, what container format is actually recommended on ATV2 for 1080p playback?

Playback of .ISO Images stutter a lot as well.

The rest of my files (.mov, .mpeg, mp4, .mkv) with mostly Dvd rips play well.

Again thanks a lot and keep going your work.

Regards Peter
ATV can only playback at 720p so I'd stick with that resolution if I were you.
Hitcher Wrote:ATV can only playback at 720p so I'd stick with that resolution if I were you.

I can playback 1080p but it will only display it at 720p as that is all it can output. I have a few 1080p films and they run fine over wifi as well.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Note I said 'at 720p'.
jueby Wrote:Eden does look good, but crashed everytime tvtunes script ran.
My setup is a AsRock ION330 running Ubuntu Lucid and XBMC standalone.

I'll wait for a stable release to come out. Beta didn't work for me.

tvtunes works fine for me but I am running windows 7, xbmc networked
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Love it, works great on my new mac mini (i5, 8gb) was using the pre eden on my atv2 and it worked well, but on the mac mini everything flies....it's awesome. Thanks XBMC! And TV Tunes works fine for me too.

Using Aeon MQ3 as my skin, full features. Great skin!
Can anyone explain me what "Combined Files and Library mode for videos" means? I see no difference except that I cannot switch to files mode while i'm in library mode. If a scraper is unable to recognize some movie it still is invissible in library mode...
Files and Library items are all found in Videos.
Pretty sweet Christmas gift. Thanks devs. Cant wait to get home and install it on my htpc later. Keep up the good work Big Grin
Hitcher Wrote:Files and Library items are all found in Videos.

Thanks but still don't get it. If I understand it right, files copied to movies directory should be vissible even if not processed by the scraper (this would be great)? If so, it doesn't work for me. Still need to access files mode to see them. What is the expected behaviour?
Files can be found in Videos along with Movies, TV Shows, etc.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now1