[TMDb] Get Trailers in English if NA in preferred language
Hallo,

I am from Germany and I use the standard movie scrapper “The MovieDb” and set my preferred language to “DE” (German) (and get trailers from HD-Trailers.net deactivated) because I want the movie description in German. This works perfect but only a hand full movies has a German trailer on themoviedb.org. Is it somehow possible to manipulate a file so that I get the trailers from the English version if no trailer is available in my preferred language? If this is not possible is it possible to just get everyTrailer from the English version of the movie in themoviedb.org (because nearly every movie has an trailer in English on this site).

Im am not sure if this is the right forum for this question but i hope so ^^.

Is this somehow possible?

Thanks,
Daniel
(2012-03-23, 12:29)_Daniel_ Wrote: Hallo,

I am from Germany and I use the standard movie scrapper “The MovieDb” and set my preferred language to “DE” (German) (and get trailers from HD-Trailers.net deactivated) because I want the movie description in German. This works perfect but only a hand full movies has a German trailer on themoviedb.org. Is it somehow possible to manipulate a file so that I get the trailers from the English version if no trailer is available in my preferred language? If this is not possible is it possible to just get everyTrailer from the English version of the movie in themoviedb.org (because nearly every movie has an trailer in English on this site).

Im am not sure if this is the right forum for this question but i hope so ^^.

Is this somehow possible?

Thanks,
Daniel

This is already the default way.
No German trailer wil always default back to English

If there's no trailer scrapped that means that there is no trailer listed on TMDB
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hmm very strange. Lets take the movie "Abduction" for example.

If i scrap it I have no trailer available.
When i look at TMDb:
German: http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/59965-ab...anguage=de --> No YouTube trailers found
English: http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/59965-ab...anguage=en --> HD Trailer available

I use XBMC for years now and i never saw an english trailer.

Am I doing something wrong?

---------------------------------------------------
Edit (25.03.2012 12:47):

Ok, now it works. I was using XBMC 10 and I now updated to XBMC 11.
But I am pretty sure that this was and is not working in XBMC 10.

Thanks anyway

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TMDb] Get Trailers in English if NA in preferred language0