"imdb info" for movies not in imdb
is there a way to get info into the database for movies that give no matches in imdb (maybe through a text or xml template or something like that)?
the only way is to enter the information manually into the database using sqlite on your computer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks kraqh3d.
i'll have a look at it in the weekend. it's only worth while for me if i can script the sql somehow so i don't have to redo the manual stuf after ever upgrade of xbmc
i created a small sql file that adds the needed records for 1 movie to the various tables. added a fake imdb-number and a corresponding thumb.
so far so good: thumb is displaying and when i activate it, the movie plays. only when i prompt for movie-info through the context menu xbmc wants to look it up again in imdb (where i just want it to display the info i added 'manually'). looks like xbmc stores wether it has already fetched imdb info or not.
can someone point me to how xbmc determines this?
luna, can you drop me a mail with the sql file and procedure you used to [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]?
(harshreality @ april 28 2005,00:04 Wrote:luna, can you drop me a mail with the sql file and procedure you used to [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]?
it's not very fancy, and a bit risky. i'll write a little instruction and mail you the sample sql this evening (gmt+2). its easy to mess up your database so i don't want to be flamed for that....
look in guiwindowvideobase.cpp, showimdb(). it should display your information if it exists in the database, and only query to imdb if you hit the refresh button.

also, check out videodatabase.cpp, hasmoveinfo(). it looks like if you dont have information in the "movieinfo" table, it will query imdb.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(kraqh3d @ april 28 2005,13:47 Wrote:look in guiwindowvideobase.cpp, showimdb().  it should display your information if it exists in the database, and only query to imdb if you hit the refresh button.

also, check out videodatabase.cpp, hasmoveinfo().   it looks like if you dont have information in the "movieinfo" table, it will query imdb.
thanks kraqh3d, most appreciated.
i thought i filled out all necessary fields in the movie table, but it looks like i didn't. will have a look at the code you pointed to tonight.
i just have adult titles i need to enter info for, would be glorious if there was an option built into the gui where you could manually edit entries for media (right clicking menu).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"imdb info" for movies not in imdb0