New Acer Revo running XBMC Beginner Needs Help
I just bought a used Acer Revo with XBMC already installed. I ran an ethernet cable to my Netgear dsl modem/router. Already had ethernet cable running from router to my server and everything works fine on server. Acer Revo is not connected to internet. Weather not working and no scrolling news bar at the bottom. Also cannot find shared files on server. Probably an issue with router I am thinking but don't really know who to find out or fix. Other laptops on network saying interference with IP or something to that nature all of a sudden as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you reconfigure the network settings of the box, since you said it came pre-installed?

Sounds like you have a hard-coded IP address instead of dynamic, and that's clashing with something already on the network. There's definitely something up with your IP settings, otherwise you'd get the weather and news feed - so that suggests it can't get a route to the Internet.

Your comment about "not connected to the internet" is intriguing, though - what do you mean by that?

Anyway, check your system settings in System -> System Info and see if that clashes with anything on your network. The chances of having an out-of-the-box IP address and subnet mask that work aren't too high...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Acer Revo running XBMC Beginner Needs Help0