I think I've decided on my htpc parts list
VFRLuke Wrote:Ok, I don't want any issues before I even start putting the thing together. I'll probably just order a 6570 and sell the GT430 on ebay or something and hopefully not take too much of a loss.

Eskro, I appreciate the guides and work that you've done helping the newb pick out some equipment. You may want to note that the GT430 sucks with windows in your guide.

Luke

Me and eskro have the same gpu.... I got him to buy it Big Grin

I had a gt430 actually two of them different models and some others....

ATI is for the win in my book and especially the one we have since it's fanless and it stays pretty darn cool.
OMG, just returning the brand new GT430 bought yesterday... :-( luckily dind't have time to unbox, though. I was unaware of the problem, thanks that I read this post today

I had enough with my i3-2100 struggling to use the DXVA2, seems like macroblocking is following me!

Thank you
I ordered the Asus hd6570, and I'll get rid of the GT430 once it gets here. Not sure If I can return it (amazon), or I may just sell it and take a loss.
VFRLuke Wrote:I ordered the Asus hd6570, and I'll get rid of the GT430 once it gets here. Not sure If I can return it (amazon), or I may just sell it and take a loss.

Yes you can return it.... Amazon is the best place for returns.

And if you click the option where it don't work they even pay the shipping back.

No hassle.

You got the Asus hd6570 fanless one? I read somewhere people are not happy with it. It gets too hot.... and some other things. Hope you get a good one.
Beer40oz Wrote:Yes you can return it.... Amazon is the best place for returns.

And if you click the option where it don't work they even pay the shipping back.

No hassle.

You got the Asus hd6570 fanless one? I read somewhere people are not happy with it. It gets too hot.... and some other things. Hope you get a good one.

I actually ended up with the one that has a thick heatsink and a small fan:

newegg link $30 rebate as well
VFRLuke Wrote:I ordered the Asus hd6570, and I'll get rid of the GT430 once it gets here. Not sure If I can return it (amazon), or I may just sell it and take a loss.
Yes, you can return GT430 to Amazon. You don't have to talk to any live person either. You can simply log into your Amazon account--->Your Orders--->Return Items--->Defected/Does not work properly. You can mention that it have macroblocking issues. You can simply print out the free of charge shipping label, and return it in the same box. If you ordered "ASUS EAH6570/DI/1GD3(LP) Radeon HD 6570 DDR3 1 GB Video Card" from Amazon, you'll enjoy it. It has great reviews at both Newegg and Amazon.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
VFRLuke Wrote:I actually ended up with the one that has a thick heatsink and a small fan:

newegg link $30 rebate as well
That is my type of GPU. I'm a fan person, and I never own any fanless GPU. You'll enjoy it. Smile
sweet, thanks for your help guys. I'll probably need some more help once I try and get this thing going Smile
no problem
VFRLuke Wrote:sweet, thanks for your help guys. I'll probably need some more help once I try and get this thing going Smile
When you are ready, you can use my guide from this thread "Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup" to enjoy BD in full 1080P video with DTS-HD and TrueHD audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I think I've decided on my htpc parts list0