Update Library for multiple profiles (MySQL)
Question 
I am currently upgrading to Eden Beta 1 and I'm wondering whether it is now possible to update the library without having a profile logged in.

Background
I am living in a sharehouse with multiple TVs/computers and we use MySQL database to enable to enable each of my housemates to access the media from a central repository. Unfortunately it appears that under Dharma, each profile needed their own database, otherwise watched tags weren't correctly attributed to a profile. Further I have the main TV configured to log a profile out if it is idle, so although SickBeard and Couchpotato can update the library they can only do so for the active profile - hence automatic library updates don't work.

Updating the Library
So is it now possible to update the library for each profile without first logging into the profile. Alternatively, can a single MySQL database be used that correctly tracks watched flags for multiple profiles?
It's been a couple of weeks without a reply so BUMP!
QuinRiva Wrote:So is it now possible to update the library for each profile without first logging into the profile.

No. The updating is done by XBMC, and it will only update the database for whatever profile it's using.

I vaguely recall some discussion of handling the watched flags in a miultiprofile setup, but I can't remember the outcome. I don't think Eden will be able to maintain watched tags on a per-profile basis, though I wouldn't swear to that.

JR
Perhaps an admin account need to be created so 1 account can control all of them.
MrLobster Wrote:Perhaps an admin account need to be created so 1 account can control all of them.

Can you elaborate on this ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library for multiple profiles (MySQL)0