XBMC ./configure options ?
Hi all,

I have been trying to compile XBMC+ PVR support for days, but there is one question I am still not havé answer yet

What are the different ./configure options use and how to get them install?

For exemple, I do know libshairport and that we need to compile it before copiling XBMC itself, but I don't know most of the other ones, such as :
- libusb
- libcrytalhd
- libpulse
- etc

For are them made for?
How to get them installed on XBMC?

I spent hours reading posts, but I didn't find something summarizing all these information.

If you have something, even if it is just a link to a web page, to help me having the best configuration I need.

Thanks in advance.

S.
./configure --help
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Thanks you for your answer.

I have already used this command, but there is nothing really detailled.

You just see how to enable such or such option, but you have no explanation on what this option is made for, if and how you must compile it before.

I am sorry for my, maybe stupid question, but I am quiet new, I have been discovering Linux environnent and XBMC, for 2 months only.

Thanks you for your help.

S.
Up ! Please., thank you for your help
as a rule of thumb, if you don't know it, you probably don't need it. Most libraries get used by configure automatically, if they are installed on your system and do not need to be compiled manually.
The ones you listed are for very specific pieces of hardware(apart from libusb), if you had one of those you'd know the name. If you want details, google is your friend.

the 2 most important configure options are for the video hardware acceleration:

vdpau - nvidia
vaapi - intel, amd/ati
Thank you for your answer.

I do agree with you. Now can you just tell me more about the following libs:

Libusb : what it is made for, and how installing it. I tried just --enable-libusb, but it doesn't work

Libcrytalhd : I enabled it, but I really don't know why

Libpulseight: I enable it, because, it seems to be the only way of having sound on XBMC. Without, I had the message "fail to initialize audio device" while playing a film on XBMC

Libupnp : I can see what it is made for and I am interested in it but I didn't succeed in installing it

Libnfs : I have a small idea of what it is made for, but is it interesting of having it enable, because I didn't manage to install it.

Once again thank you so much for any help.

S.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC ./configure options ?0