Very long delay to start playing track through NFS on ATV2
Hi,
I have an ATV2 running 4.3 seas0npass, XBMC Eden. I have a share set up from a linux box on my network:
/etc/exports
Code:
/str/music AppleTV(ro,async,no_subtree_check,insecure,all_squash)

I have gone into the add source and added the music folder. This contains a lot of folders and files so it takes a short time to add but nothing major. Then I can browse the folder which is pretty quick...
BUT: When I click onto a song to play it, xbmc freezes for a very long time (like 3 or 4 minutes) with nothing happening - can't connect the android app remote to it, the apple remote causes no response etc. Eventually it comes back and the track plays absolutely fine!! No skipping or anything like that.

I have tried disabling the reading of id3 tags but this makes no difference. I've looked in the usual log files such as /var/log/messages on the linux box but it doesn't say anything odd. If there are any logs or info you would like me to upload then please let me know.

As I said, browsing the folders is absolutely fine, it's only when I want to start playing a file that it takes forever to come back. And once I am playing that file then if I press the next arrow to skip onto the next track, the delay happens again. All other streaming (icefilms etc) is absolutely fine.

I am wondering if it could be because the share is quite large (~250gb), however having said that, the folder that I navigate to in order to play the track only contains an albums worth of mp3's, say 20 at 5mb each, so that isn't much at all.

Thanks,
xbmc.log needed ... first link in my sig
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi,
I have uploaded the xbmc log here:
http://pastebin.com/ZU6GXaP8

The directory in question is a share with a single .mp3 file in it, away from the other shares (so as to rule out it doing any scans of large folders etc).
I added the file location, enabled debugging then went in and attempted to play the track, waiting for it to start (about a minute or two). I then stopped the track after around 20 seconds or so once it started playing and then disabled debugging. The log covers the point of enabling debugging to the point of disabling it.

This is the entry for the test directory on my server in /var/exports:

Code:
/tmp/blah AppleTV(ro,async,no_subtree_check,insecure,all_squash)

There is nothing around this event in /var/log/syslog on the server. The only entry I could find anywhere is in /var/log/messages which reads:

http://pastebin.com/AHRpff3y

The /private/var/log/syslog on the ATV2 only shows the following around the time of the event:

http://pastebin.com/fKyBEEmV

For info, xbmc was installed over ssh using apt-get and was a freshly jailbroken device with 4.3.

A bit of information about the server:
Slackware Linux 13.37 32 bit machine running 2.6.37.6-smp standard kernel, all drives formatted as ext4, 4gb RAM, pentium e6300 2.8 dual core processor. No load on the machine at the of doing any of this testing.

If I need to provide any additional information or test cases then please let me know.

Thanks
I don't suppose anyone managed to take a look at the debug log did they?

Cheers! Smile
you've cut your Debug Log (its missing the header at the very first) ... though i can't see anything in it ... its doing things which need much time, but there are no printouts in there Sad ... maybe deactivating tag reading will speed it up? I wonder why libapetag is used instead of libid3tag for your mp3s though ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I just cut out the debug at the point where it started recording. Do I need to start it earlier?

I disabled tag reading but it was still the same. During the delay it seems to be doing a lot of "CFileNFS:open" and "CFileNFS:close" - is this correct?

Not sure about the libs, I certainly haven't configured it any different.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very long delay to start playing track through NFS on ATV20