Need Help Proofing Build
For years I have been using my PS3 to stream media to my PC. I started getting annoyed at some of the quirks with the PS3.

I installed XBMC on a USB stick using my laptop and its display port. The XBMC remote through my tablet is reason enough to build a dedicated machine.

I would like some help proofing the build. This is heavily based on eskro's mini-itx build. Space isn't an issue so if there is a better form factor that's an option let me know. It's critical that this play 1080p (not 3D) content streamed across a CIFS share from a dedicated Windows "server" (via a wired 100 mbps connection). The server has to stay Windows because I back everything up using backblaze (they don't support Linux yet). I am going to continue to use the USB stick. Eventually I may do Linux on an SSD drive. I don't fully understand the differences between XBMC's live version and the Linux version on a dedicated drive. I have one month old 60" panasonic TV hooked up through an HDMI connection through an Harmon Kardon receiver if that matters. Being able to play Hulu would be nice but not critical.

Case or Case #2

Memory

Processor

Video Card

Fan

MOBO
looks good to me...
just use at least 2gb with windows
Thanks eskro appreciate the feedback. No Windows for this machine. Windows is to bloated for something that is such a single purpose device. Any comments on the differences between the USB version and installed version that runs from an SSD device?
speed, thats all...
but openELEC runs fine on a 4GB TF Card

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help Proofing Build0