Setting Wifi codes in Eden
Question 
Hi. I have just installed Eden onto my Ubuntu Netbook. How do I enter the security code for my network into Eden?
I should note that everything works except Wifi and Bluetooth.
I havent tested Eden yet, but unless you can see any wifi menus I think you still have to setup up wifi in the underlaying OS.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81858
I am running Eden installed rather than Live on Ubuntu 11.04.
Quote:I am running Eden installed rather than Live on Ubuntu 11.04.

The only relevant difference is if the gnome network-manager installed or not. I should have been more clear regarding that but since you are asking one assumes you do not have nm installed. If it is installed just configure you wifi as in any ubuntu desktop if not follow the instructions in the link.
I assume that the network manager is running as I have wifi access from Ubuntu. As an installation, XBMC Eden appears as a separate option on the Login screen. Along with Gnome classic and the rest. When I installed it, it presented itself as a "Partial Upgrade". Does this make sense? And there is NO PLACE to enter my wifi codes as far as I can see.
Quote:I assume that the network manager is running as I have wifi access from Ubuntu. As an installation, XBMC Eden appears as a separate option on the Login screen. Along with Gnome classic and the rest. When I installed it, it presented itself as a "Partial Upgrade". Does this make sense? And there is NO PLACE to enter my wifi codes as far as I can see.

Ok, you run in the xbmc session. That makes better sense. You still do not handle this in xbmc but in the OS.
You need to make sure that the OS can access wifi without user intervention. There is a number of check boxes in nm. "always allow" "all users" etc.. I have not tested this since Karmic I think but then it worked fine.

Some people also get problem because xbmc starts before the network is available but I never had that issue.
That was EXACTLY the information I needed! Thank you very much for your help, and have a most excellent New Year!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting Wifi codes in Eden0