[WINDOWS] Strange popup on volume change when watching trailer
Hello community,

I'm using Eden 11.0 Beta 1 since a few days. When I watch a trailer in XBMC in window mode and change the volume using the wheel on a friend's laptop, a window pops up with Update Library.
Unfortunately I can't confirm if it did this before.

(Bibliotheek Bijwerken is Dutch for Update Library)

Extra information:
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite P300-202
XBMC version: Eden 11.0 Beta 1
Skin: Aeon MQ3

If there's anything I forgot to mention, please ask. Wink
Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Start the film, then move the wheel to make the popup appear. After it disappears repeat a couple of times (so we will have a few instances of it in the log). Close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here. The log should tell us why that popup is appearing.

JR
File was too big for PasteBin, so I uploaded it to my SkyDrive if you don't mind.
When I started the trailer, I rolled the wheel up and down for a minute. Just so you know.
If you look in your log you'll find for the volume up:

Code:
DEBUG: WinEventsWin32.cpp: APPCOMMAND 10
DEBUG: CApplication::OnAppCommand: unknown appcommand 10
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 30, sym: 0062, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: b (f042) pressed, action is

and for the volume down:

Code:
DEBUG: WinEventsWin32.cpp: APPCOMMAND 9
DEBUG: CApplication::OnAppCommand: unknown appcommand 9
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 2e, sym: 0063, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: c (f043) pressed, action is ContextMenu

Your volume wheel is sending APPCOMMAND messages, which is a perfectly good way to control the volume in Windows, but it's also sending the keypresses "b" on volume up and "c" on volume down. The B keypress isn't doing anything, but the C keypress is trying to open the context menu.

I can't think of a reason why the volume wheel should be doing this. On the Tosh keyboard are the B and C keys combined with a function/shift key to control the volume?

JR
Yeah, I kinda noticed that just now. When in another menu volume up also opens the context menu.
But no, there are not volume up and down commandos on the keyboard, because of the wheel. Only a mute key on FN+Esc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Strange popup on volume change when watching trailer0