[TvHeadEnd] Standalone addon development possible ?
While it's entirely up to you - you're actually starting to reinvent the wheel yourself by going down that road ... The PVR branch exists, works fairly well and is intended to be merged with XBMC. So expending effort on converting another mod which is intended to be ultimately replaced is imho a waste of effort.

If you look at the current PVR functionality I'm sure you'll find lots of issues that could use work. I only wish I were a better C/C++ coder because I'd love to get stuck in on various issues (which may or may not be general issues or simply things I'd personally like to see Big Grin). You could look at the active issues list for both tvheadend at http://www.lonelycoder.com or trac/github issues for the pvr. Heck - just using it yourself will I'm sure throw up lots of potential glitches or implemention issues I'm sure dushmaniac and the tvheadend team would love to see fixed/addressed.
Drae Wrote:While it's entirely up to you - you're actually starting to reinvent the wheel yourself by going down that road ... The PVR branch exists, works fairly well and is intended to be merged with XBMC. So expending effort on converting another mod which is intended to be ultimately replaced is imho a waste of effort.

If you look at the current PVR functionality I'm sure you'll find lots of issues that could use work. I only wish I were a better C/C++ coder because I'd love to get stuck in on various issues (which may or may not be general issues or simply things I'd personally like to see Big Grin). You could look at the active issues list for both tvheadend at http://www.lonelycoder.com or trac/github issues for the pvr. Heck - just using it yourself will I'm sure throw up lots of potential glitches or implemention issues I'm sure dushmaniac and the tvheadend team would love to see fixed/addressed.

You're right .. unfortunately I'm not an such experienced c/c++ coder too, so I guess it's really hard to join such professional projects like xbmc or tvheadend .. that's why I'm fiddleing with some python addon programming for myself Big Grin .. But I guess I'll give it a try to help the tvheadend guys ..

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TvHeadEnd] Standalone addon development possible ?0