Eden Beta MovieDB Problems???
Just installed the Beta 11 Eden and so far I love it, but I have noticed I can't get any of my movies into my library. I keep getting this: "Could not download information. Unable to connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?" Has anyone else been getting this? The only movies I can get scanned in are the ones that already have the fanart and other data stored within each folder. Any new movies I add won't show up! I know its beta, but 10 worked, well some what! Just curious if there is a fix besides using IMDB, because then the software will re-scrape everything and god that will take forever with over 1200 movies!
same problem with moviedb... imdb-scraper works fine
I had same problem.
I solved problem by allowing xbmc to "comuncate on public networks" in firewall ... never had to allow that in dharma...
it' a known bug in beta1,
installing the youtube addon will fix the scraper issue.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Having exactly the same problem.

Tried to remove The MovieDB but no joy, just alternates between settings and log file, won't go to uninstall. So thought I'd just drag it out of the library, but it doesn't seem to be there. Which would at least explain why it's not connecting to the server.

Tried the YouTube ploy, it found some but but only a few. And my movie collection is pretty mainstream, nothing too obscure at all.

Running Eden and Transparency! on Intel Mac

Just tried again and seems to have imported a whole load of info about something called Movies, Aspirin and Vultures A film of which I have never heard and certainly don't own. It hasn't changed the films just overwritten the details.

Anyone else had strange imports?
Can confirm that the port forwarding method works.
I had this same problem, my fix:

Start > Control Panel > System & Security > Windows Firewall > Advanced Settings > Inbound Rules > [right click] XBMC >
***Enable "Allow the connection" under the Action section (In General Tab)

I think you can accomplish it this way too (Shorter as well):
Start > Control Panel > System & Security > Allow a program through Windows Firewall >
***Enable "Public"

Hopefully this helps
Sweet! Thank you so much for that! I went and did the youtube thing and also the firewall trick, so I can't say what fixed it, but it is working again!
Enabling the Youtube plugin showed a message about 'plugin cache'; afterwards the TMDB scraper works just fine. Thnx!

[edit]Sorry, didn't see this was windows specific. I'm on ubuntu.[/edit]
The youtube plugin didn't do anything for me. I still get the random can't connect messages. Seems to work about half the time.
Nevermind.
I keep getting invalid API Key. When I look at the debug logs it's hitting this URL: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.imdb.../tt1219289

Did the API get get invalidated ?
Ignore me it's working now.
I can't get either scaper to work. I think it's probably user error. I enabled XBMC on the firewall and installed Youtube. My movies are on a networked hard drive. I can watch them fine. I "set content," choose either scraper, it scans, but none of my movies have any information. No pictures or anything, as if it were not even scanned. My videos are labeled correctly. Am I missing something in the steps? Thanks in advance for any info.
I went to download the youtube add-on, but it says Downloading 0% and then the downloading notification just disappears.
I click on the youtube add-on, again, and it says Install.
I click install and it says Downloading 0%, etc...
I'm using windows 7 x64 and the eden beta.
I have my firewall disabled.
JJ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Beta MovieDB Problems???0