• 24(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
Hey all, I'm on Win7 64bit and I see unpopulated Missing Movies despite knowing there are several Missing Movies. I also don't see the autoscan option that is mentioned so many times on this thread in the configuration. I feel like I'm missing something basic...
Hello is there a way to add the missing files detected to the normal library?

thanks
Yes, name them correctly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nahannidog

As our conversation is not related to the Missing Movie Scanner, I have split and moved our posts to here...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322933

Please continue conversation in that thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hey all,

been trying to get the Scanner to work, however when I run it, it just says to check the log file for errors. I am running Kodi 17.6 and am using the Source from Github for this Addon. Maybe someone has an idea on how to fix this. Here is the error log:
Quote:11:59:19.209 T:1912   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
11:59:22.192 T:452   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x84 in position 14: invalid start byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 515, in <module>
                                                ok = scan_movie_source(source, 1)
                                              File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 416, in scan_movie_source
                                                library_files = get_library_files(type_of_scan)
                                              File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 269, in get_library_files
                                                result = jsonrpc(query)
                                              File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 48, in jsonrpc
                                                return json.loads(xbmc.executeJSONRPC(json.dumps(query, encoding='utf-8')))
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 364, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 380, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x84 in position 14: invalid start byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:59:22.230 T:5500   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.mms/?mode=40
11:59:22.230 T:5500   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.mms/?mode=40) failed
11:59:25.236 T:6008   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x84 in position 13: invalid start byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 517, in <module>
                                                ok = scan_movie_source(source, 2)
                                              File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 416, in scan_movie_source
                                                library_files = get_library_files(type_of_scan)
                                              File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 297, in get_library_files
                                                result = jsonrpc(query)
                                              File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 48, in jsonrpc
                                                return json.loads(xbmc.executeJSONRPC(json.dumps(query, encoding='utf-8')))
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 364, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 380, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x84 in position 13: invalid start byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:59:25.268 T:5500   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.mms/?mode=30
11:59:25.269 T:5500   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.mms/?mode=30) failed
This addon should be considered obsolete.
Just run library scan and then visit the "event log" which is located in settings. There you will get a list of all that is not added to your library.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-01-20, 13:20)Martijn Wrote: This addon should be considered obsolete.
Just run library scan and then visit the "event log" which is located in settings. There you will get a list of all that is not added to your library.
 Ah didn't know that it was logged there now. Thanks for the quick help Smile
So as of today is the Missing Movie Scanner no longer able to function?
Use the built in Event Log... https://kodi.wiki/view/Event_Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/b7xm6VMzZt/
Sadly with my Windows 10 Leia alpha 2 it's just stopped working.
Hooray, with Alpha 3 it's working perfectly again! Smile
I am not sure if its allowed but as the addon has been abandoned I have forked it and fixes some things / merged prs left in the original git.

It can be found here: https://github.com/lorkadiscovery/MissingMovieScanner

Please remove if not allowed.
(2018-11-06, 09:49)lorkadiscovery Wrote: I am not sure if its allowed but as the addon has been abandoned I have forked it and fixes some things / merged prs left in the original git.

both yours and the original 4.0.5 didn't detect that magnum p.I. was missing from my library due to (2018) not added to the end of the folder, logging found it from the scanner though. So both still don't work in Kodi 17
(2018-11-06, 15:33)Shawzborne Wrote:
(2018-11-06, 09:49)lorkadiscovery Wrote: I am not sure if its allowed but as the addon has been abandoned I have forked it and fixes some things / merged prs left in the original git.

both yours and the original 4.0.5 didn't detect that magnum p.I. was missing from my library due to (2018) not added to the end of the folder, logging found it from the scanner though. So both still don't work in Kodi 17  
@Shawzborne
Please take it here with a debug log and I will do my best to look into it for you.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337256
Hey my friends, MMS used to work like a charm, but just stopped some weeks ago. Can you help me?

Check the log: https://pastebin.com/8UMsypm2

I really don't wanna reinstall ubuntu and I have no clue about what is going on Sad
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1