• 1(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
Missing Movie Scanner

Editors Note: This add-on is no longer maintained and is known to be broken for v17 and later. Use the Event Log (wiki) instead.

Scans your source folders for movie files that are missing from your library.

Have you ever added a bunch of movies to your collection and then days or weeks later thought "I remember adding that movie so where the $%^& is it". If the Movie Info Scanner (TMDB, IMDB) can not find your movie on-line it will be skipped, if it is skipped it will not be added to your move library and it will not show up in your movie list.

This add-on should help track down movie files that are not added to your library, you can then rename the directory or file and run the "Scan for new content" on your source again.

Install it
Now available in the official repo
Videos->Addons->Get More
Scroll down to Missing Movie Scanner, select it and select install

Run it:
- Start XBMC
- Under Videos->Add-Ons
- Select "Missing Movie Scanner"
- Use auto scan to scan you Movies or TV source paths

Testing:
I have tested on windows with a few hundred (450 odd) movies on a selection of network shares and local files.
All these moves were mostly singles files with a few in multi file stacks for the one movie.
If you use this add-on please post your results as this is still in testing mode.

Problems and Bugs:
YOU NEED A LOG FILE
To submit problems and bugs create an xbmc log file.

- Turn on "Debug Logging" in the Missing Movie Scanner Addon Settings
- Reproduce the problem and then shutdown xbmc
- Upload the log to http://pastebin.com/
- Post the link to your pastbin log to this thread or if you prefere PM me witht he link
- Along with the log provide a description of the problem

Logging Tips:
On windows the xbmc log is under your user profile folder, on my windows 8 machine it is here:
C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

This log is overwritten every time you run xbmc so make sure you turn on logging, reproduce the problem, shut down xbmc and then grab the log file without rerunning xbmc as it will overwrite your log file then.

Source:
https://github.com/faush01/MissingMovieScanner

The original thread can be found here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90258&page=13
Nice. Will try it right now.

You should change this:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
into
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>

for Eden
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
And one error log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/788561/

error line 7808
ok will do
Hmmm, I think this might be an issue with the JSON-RPC call GetDirectory, the result looks like it will fail an eval call

PHP Code:
{
"id"1,
"jsonrpc""2.0",
"result": {
"files"null,
"limits": {
"end"0,
"start"0,
"total"0
}
}

PHP Code:
File "D:\XBMC Eden\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py"line 102in walk_Path
set_files 
= eval(jsonResult)
File "<string>"line 5in <module>
NameErrorname 'null' is not defined 

I can probably work around it though.
Let me point out i run the latest custom build of latest xbmc git code. So maybe there's PR waiting to fix this or maybe it is worth a trac if you are sure it's axbmc bug.
Try version 3.0.1

I try/excepted it for now, will follow up the JSON-RPC guys in dev thread.
null_pointer Wrote:Try version 3.0.1

I try/excepted it for now, will follow up the JSON-RPC guys in dev thread.

That worked Smile
At least no errors and got missing movies reported.

Don't know if it is intentional but the dialog with the scanning text gets covered by a busy dialog. Not that experienced with the plug-in parts yet so wouldn't know if that is supposed to happen.

If you want to get rid of that busy dialog and just show the regular dialog:
Add this between line 182 and 188:
PHP Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin"Dialog.Close(busydialog)" 

If you are planning to send this to xbmc repo some day you should also include a license.txt

Edit;
Somethings wrong i think. It reports tvshow episode that are listed in the library. No way i have 240 episodes missing
Here's my debug log.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/788581/
Quote:Don't know if it is intentional but the dialog with the scanning text gets covered by a busy dialog. Not that experienced with the plug-in parts yet so wouldn't know if that is supposed to happen.
I am not sure I see the same thing, this could be a skin difference issue, can you screen shot the overlap and post?
I only see the progress dialog when scanning is running and the results dialog when the scan finishes. the "busy-working" indicator for me is in the bottom right hand corner and not overlapping the dialogs.

Quote:Somethings wrong i think. It reports tvshow episode that are listed in the library. No way i have 240 episodes missing
It could be that your TV Shows are marked as TV Shows in your library, in short this add-on is currently only scanning and checking movies.
null_pointer Wrote:I am not sure I see the same thing, this could be a skin difference issue, can you screen shot the overlap and post?
I only see the progress dialog when scanning is running and the results dialog when the scan finishes. the "busy-working" indicator for me is in the bottom right hand corner and not overlapping the dialogs.

I use Aeon Nox. The Dialogs are a bit transparent so that's why I see the dialog on top of each other. Other skins probably don't have transparent ones so that's why you don't see it. So if you try that code i gave you would probably see the dialog.progress scanning the files and folders. Depends on what you want users to see Smile

If you want i can post one tomorrow. PC is already shutdown.
Quote:It could be that your TV Shows are marked as TV Shows in your library, in short this add-on is currently only scanning and checking movies.

lol Big Grin
Well that explains a lot indeed. My bad. I was just clicking away and forgot it was for movies only.
Quote:If you want i can post one tomorrow. PC is already shutdown.
If you could that would be great, I am interested in how it looks on other skins, I might use your code to hide/close the default bust indicator if this is going to be an issues for people running different skins.

Thanks for testing, helps a lot :-)
Does this plugin work with MySql and smb:// path ?
I guess so, it uses the JSON-RPC methods to get data so it should work with all the standard data sources.
null_pointer Wrote:If you could that would be great, I am interested in how it looks on other skins, I might use your code to hide/close the default bust indicator if this is going to be an issues for people running different skins.

Thanks for testing, helps a lot :-)

Here you can see the two dialogs on top of each other:
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5944/...ot069y.png

When busy dialog removed:
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9595/...ot068d.png
Would it be possible to add the feature that enables the user to press "i" on the missing movies and manually scrape them?

Now it looks like you have to write the titles down and go into video/files to scrape.

And thanks a lot for the plugin.

br
Troels
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1