Networking/sharing issues with aTV2 4.4.4 + XBMC v11b1 "Eden"
I just bought a new aTV2. and love it I might add.
I jailbroke it with Seas0nPass and it has aTV Flash (Black) and is untethered. I installed XBMC v11b "Eden" on it and have some share/network issues.

problem #1
When I go to Video/add source/Browse I see nothing showing my shared computer or shared D: drive. When I select Windows Network SMB I am getting a no share reply. Which others are also having. XBMC has picked up the DESKTOP/John and reads only the C: drive libraries which is cool but I store everything on a different drive. (I know I have my computer set up is correct to share with everyone and the permissions are set correct as other networked devices see it just fine)

problem #2
When I try to input the path manually and select ok. XBMC crashes.

As of now these are just a few problem I am noticing.
thanks,
Doubledatt
I simply restored my backup XBMC folder and everything works as it did.
dieselboy27 Wrote:I simply restored my backup XBMC folder and everything works as it did.

That's not very helpful, he has a brand new atv2 first time using it

I'm having the same issue with the error 2 share not found whilst trying to connect to a smb share, it's a strange one as I managed to add my movies from a smb share this morning, but now I can't add anything at all, yet the movies are still playing fineHuh
Could you be more specific about your back-up? like
who, what , when , where ect.
I have no back-up as this is a first time install, so there is no back up of anything. I have seen many other are having the same problems.
Whats funny is it will read the C: drive items just fine but won't pick up the D: drive at all.
My share issues with windows 7 have been solved.
I re-jailbroke my aTV2 and reinstalled the FC software.
I then installed XBMC through the FC Software.
inside of XBMC I went to

SYSTEM/Settings/Network/SMB Client/WINS server
and added my router ip and workgroup under WINS server(192.168.0.1) and the Workgroup (WORKGROUP)

Exited out of that and then went back to the main XBMC screen.
From there I went to

video/files/add videos.../Browse/Add network location...
Below is my settings for my Network.

Protocol - Windows Network (SMB)
Server name - DESKTOP (which is my computers name)
Shared folder - DESKTOP/D ( D being the drive my videos are on)
Username - John (Windows logon name)
Password - **** (Windows logon password)
Click ok and you should see your windows computer.
Everything is up and running now with no problems. Big Grin
Thanks for the results of your problem solving. I am in the same boat.

You describe a Windows 7 solution and I wonder if anyone has suggestions for a Lion Add Files method.

I tried to emulate your Windows 7 entries but my results indicate invalid setup and connection timeout.

Back to Mac Blu-ray player for the time being!

Thanks everyone, this is a great forum.
LandonCube...

I recomend installing a FTP server on your mac and sharing your movies via that.
Much beter then SMB... protocol.
Thanks!

Also, I reminded myself to make each folder 'shared!' Duh.
Thanks doubledatt, I was having a problem adding smb shares, but adding them as "add network location" got it working.
After days of trying I finally managed to access my synology. Turned out I had to input my wins server (=router address) and workgroup in the settings network section. After that: add video source, browse, add network location, input synology ip address, folder and user/password.
Thanks guys, this was really helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Networking/sharing issues with aTV2 4.4.4 + XBMC v11b1 "Eden"0