best way to have "home videos" in XBMC?
(2014-08-19, 17:15)kev18 Wrote:
(2014-02-08, 14:48)uNiversal Wrote: Its probably been mentiaoned before but Custom_video_entries#Additional_guides (wiki) has great guides in forum which cover this from start to finish.

The thing is that like Nigo, i have many short videos that I want to group them together under one heading or poster. I want to view them like TV episodes and I Dont want each short video to be in its own folder.

I have tried EMM, if I put them in Category Movie but wont sort them in separate folder, it will not generate .nfo for each movie so I cant group them into set. if I put them in tvshow, it wont generate .nfo for each short video as episode, even though the naming is right (The problem is that it cant find the right entry in TVDB.

Still trying to figure out a good way to do this.

Same thing apply if I want to group multiple music video under one poster or one entry in XBMC music video

Try sets?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I thought I'd share my experience here. I've struggled too with home movies and Kodi.

Use the Superfavorites addon and smart playlists
Superfavorites is in the official Kodi addon repo.

So say your file structure is:

Home Videos
......2009 January
.........20090103 Jane walks the dog.mp4
.........20090111 Dick sees Jane.mp4
......2009 February
.........20090201 Dick and Jane play.mp4
......2010 January

STEP 1:

Make these folders in the superfavorites addon:

Home Videos

STEP 2:

Now you can simply create a playlist for each year based on the path to the year folder.

2009.xml
2009.xml
2010.xml

STEP 3:

Make each of the playlists a favorite. So there will be a favorite for every "year playlist" you have movies for.

STEP 4:

Go to the superfavorites plugin. Link each favorite (year playlist) to the superfavorite year folder created in step 1.

STEP 5:

Favorite the "Home Videos" superfavorite folder, then stick it on your main menu/submenu where you please.

STEP 6: /option

If you like, use 'movie sets' in kodi settings to group your movies by month: i.e.,

<movie>
<title>Easter Sunday</title>
<year>2014</year>
<set>2014 02-February</set>
<plot>February 23, 2014 &#xA;&#xA;Kids hunting eggs.</plot>
</movie>

-------------
Now you can cruise thru your home videos in an organized folder like structure in library mode. You'll need to add nfo's for your files or Kodi will not be able to scan them. Use my simple nfo example above.
Hope this helps anyone. Maybe a dead topic but maybe not Smile
so I want to setup all the "Home Videos" I've made using my cell phone. mostly they are small clips.

my folder structure is as follows.

//Tower/Home Movies/

now I was figuring I could do the following
//Tower/Home Movies/Ryley/baby ryley walking.avi
//Tower/Home Movies/Ryley/Ryley on the side.avi
etc etc.

Will that work with the above as long as each movie has its own NFO,poster, fanart etc. or do I need to put each movie into its own sub folder in the //Tower/Home Movies/Ryley/<Sub Folders here> ?

I'd want a family trip folder with videos taken within that folder so on and so forth.

also would I add //Tower/Home Movies as a movie source in Kodi ? if so how do I get its own poster and fanart before I click into it?

-=Jason=-
(2015-01-24, 07:53)Flomaster Wrote: so I want to setup all the "Home Videos" I've made using my cell phone. mostly they are small clips.

//Tower/Home Movies/

etc etc.

Will that work with the above as long as each movie has its own NFO,poster, fanart etc. or do I need to put each movie into its own sub folder in the //Tower/Home Movies/Ryley/<Sub Folders here> ?

I'd want a family trip folder with videos taken within that folder so on and so forth.

also would I add //Tower/Home Movies as a movie source in Kodi ? if so how do I get its own poster and fanart before I click into it?

-=Jason=-

Personal preference, but I just go with the nfo and omit the poster, fanart & thumb, and go in list mode for home video. Too many videos to manually config, unless you have a way of auto generating them. But maybe on mobile the thumbs is the best options (??)

I do think you need to add your folder as a source in Kodi.

I just never saw superfavorites mentioned in this thread, and IMO it should be the go to addon for organizing/browsing home video in Kodi.

Good luck! --Bri
(2013-01-17, 08:23)CaptainKen Wrote: I decided to throw together a quick down and dirty demo of how I setup and added my home Movies to XBMC as well as the how they appear in XBMC.
http://youtu.be/UNpU7gvD2qo

would you mind sharing the "family.jpg" image you used?

-=Jason=-

(2015-01-24, 08:26)olsonbri Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 07:53)Flomaster Wrote: so I want to setup all the "Home Videos" I've made using my cell phone. mostly they are small clips.

//Tower/Home Movies/

etc etc.

-=Jason=-

Personal preference, but I just go with the nfo and omit the poster, fanart & thumb, and go in list mode for home video. Too many videos to manually config, unless you have a way of auto generating them. But maybe on mobile the thumbs is the best options (??)

I do think you need to add your folder as a source in Kodi.

I just never saw superfavorites mentioned in this thread, and IMO it should be the go to addon for organizing/browsing home video in Kodi.

Good luck! --Bri

I'll look into that superfavorites addon...

I would like a poster for at least the main folders.
example:
//Tower/Home Movies/poster.jpg
//Tower/Home Movies/Ryley/Poster.jpg
//Tower/Home Movies/Addison/poster.jpg
//Tower/Home Movies/Christmas in Arizona/poster.jpg

would that work out that way?

-=Jason=-
Yes, I think... At least for tv shows & movies, you can context the folder in file mode, then go to * information, and then "get thumb" option, browse for banner, poster, fanart or thumb. Point to your image and you're good.
Quote:I'll look into that superfavorites addon...

I would like a poster for at least the main folders.
example:
//Tower/Home Movies/poster.jpg
//Tower/Home Movies/Ryley/Poster.jpg
//Tower/Home Movies/Addison/poster.jpg
//Tower/Home Movies/Christmas in Arizona/poster.jpg

would that work out that way?

-=Jason=-

You gotta have /Ryley/ and /Addison/ folders under /Christmas in Arizona/ lol
I am attempting something similar...a compilation of music videos, organized into "playlists" by genre (e.g 80's synthpop) I wish to store them as a "movie" with the videos running in sequence.

Does someone have an applicable NFO "template" that I could take a look at? Can this be accomplished with a single NFO file, with a protocol similar to stacking?

Thanks!

Jake

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best way to have "home videos" in XBMC?2