best way to have "home videos" in XBMC?
" this video is private"
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oops, sorry it's public now!
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2012-01-01, 04:06)ihaterich Wrote: Just make them TV Episodes, and create custom nfo files.

Hello guys,

Ive been trying to find a simple, quick way to do this... the ithaterich suggestion is too complicated for me, but I have managed to do OK using this code:

<movie>
<title>1987 friends at westcliff patio, friends watch tv, linda van hillbrow</title>
<genre>Home Movies</genre>
<set>Home Movies</set>
<year>1987</year>
<outline>linda church, vania, difford vania paul john tony mercer sol dad kate otten neil candy tevia karen moross peter primich- evening-harry bates vania greg mari peter primich kate otten</outline>
<plot>westcliff Johannesburg</plot>
</movie>

but the problem is all these videos get mixed in with my nomal movies.
So I tried to simply change <movie> to <tvshow> but they did not show up at all, perhaps because the <tvshow> tag does not seem to have a <outline> field in it?

I'd love a simple way, like the code above, where i do not have to create folders per file, just one nfo file with code I can customise.

Is it possible?

Cheers,
Mark.
Did you enable the video library setting to group movies in sets? This should result in having all your home movies being listed within a single "Home Movies" entry in the movie library view.
(2013-03-08, 20:18)artrafael Wrote: Did you enable the video library setting to group movies in sets? This should result in having all your home movies being listed within a single "Home Movies" entry in the movie library view.

AAAH...... nope, I didnt!
Thanks, I will try that out, Im sure it will work... excellent!
Mark.
(2013-03-08, 20:18)artrafael Wrote: Did you enable the video library setting to group movies in sets? This should result in having all your home movies being listed within a single "Home Movies" entry in the movie library view.

Artrafael, one more thing, do you know if there is a utility on Windows which can create an nfo file of the same name as each mp4 avi mov ts wmv mpg video file?

Thanks,
Mark.
For such a singular requirement, you will probably have to write a script yourself (or have someone write one for you). I'm not a Windows guy, sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in.
(2013-03-08, 21:32)artrafael Wrote: For such a singular requirement, you will probably have to write a script yourself (or have someone write one for you). I'm not a Windows guy, sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in.

yeah,. I will search a bit...

do you know if there is a way to make an nfo file work with a VIDEO_TS DVD folder?
cheers again
Mark.
(2013-03-08, 21:32)artrafael Wrote: For such a singular requirement, you will probably have to write a script yourself (or have someone write one for you). I'm not a Windows guy, sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Ember Media Manager
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Tuxon86 - Did you ever post your nfo creator in VB?
I tried to use Ember MM just like explained, but for some reason I am unable to extract the thumbnails - this option is greyed out, even though the module is enabled. Any idea what could be wrong? Or does anyone know a Windows Tool that extracts the thumbnails recursively from my movies? If it were only a couple I could do it myself with ffmpeg but my Dad got hundreds of movies.
(2012-01-01, 04:06)ihaterich Wrote: Just make them TV Episodes, and create custom nfo files.

Add a folder.jpg and fanart.jpg if you like things to look nice.

Create a file called tvshow.nfo and place it in your home video's folder. Copy and paste this code, then edit it to your liking.

<tvshow>
<title>Home Videos</title>
<rating>9.900</rating>
<season>1</season>
<displayseason>1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>1</displayepisode>
<plot>Our home movies</plot>
<genre></genre>
<premiered></premiered>
<studio></studio>
</tvshow>

Now rename all your video files in this folder with the prefix S0XE0X, so your files should look like S01E01 Our Trip to The Beach.avi

Now create a nfo file for each episode, naming each nfo file the same as the episode:

S01E01 Our Trip to The Beach.avi
S01E01 Our Trip to The Beach.nfo

Inside each episode .nfo file, paste this code and edit it as you wish

<episodedetails>
<title>Our Trip to The Beach</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<aired>2010-01-01</aired>
<plot>Our trip to the beach.</plot>
</episodedetails>

There are some nfo maker programs out there, but I haven't found any that weren't terrible (although they may exist). I keep it simple and use notepad. It seems like alot of work, but honestly it's not. If you have 100 files, you can finish in a hour.

Ehmm... Maybe I'm missing something here. I have a bunch of short clips of movies with this little guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmus_Klump

Obviously XBMC doesn't recognize them so I thought I'd try the above. I just tested with one clip of the +20 I have. All of the below are in a folder named "Rasmus Klump" in which I told XBMC contained tv-shows. Here's what I got:

Nevertheless it's still not recognized by XBMC after I update the library :-(

What am I missing? The log file just says that no new info was found the in the TV-shows folder
Here's a snip from the log-file when I launched a manual scanning. I just included the part with the folder in question:

Code:
11:12:32 T:4559785984   DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'Rasmus Klump' using The TVDB scraper (path: '/Users/johndoe/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.5.5')
11:12:32 T:4559785984   DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url cache="cache-rasmus%20klump.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=rasmus%20klump&amp;language=en</url>
11:12:32 T:4559785984   DEBUG: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><results></results>
11:12:32 T:4559785984   DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'Rasmus Klump' using The TVDB scraper (path: '/Users/johndoe/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.5.5')
11:12:32 T:4559785984   DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url cache="cache-rasmus%20klump.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=rasmus%20klump&amp;language=en</url>
11:12:32 T:4559785984   DEBUG: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><results></results>
11:12:32 T:4559785984 WARNING: No information found for item '/Volumes/Itunes library/Itunes/TV Shows/Rasmus Klump/', it won't be added to the library.
11:12:32 T:4559785984   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir /Volumes/Itunes library/Itunes/TV Shows/
11:12:32 T:4559785984  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:01
11:12:32 T:4559785984   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanFinished from xbmc
11:12:32 T:4559785984   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanFinished
11:12:32 T:4559785984   DEBUG: Thread CVideoInfoScanner 4559785984 terminating

edit: sorry just forgot... I'm using the official 12.3 version on Mac OS X 9.1.
Its probably been mentiaoned before but Custom_video_entries#Additional_guides (wiki) has great guides in forum which cover this from start to finish.
(2014-02-08, 14:48)uNiversal Wrote: Its probably been mentiaoned before but Custom_video_entries#Additional_guides (wiki) has great guides in forum which cover this from start to finish.

The thing is that like Nigo, i have many short videos that I want to group them together under one heading or poster. I want to view them like TV episodes and I Dont want each short video to be in its own folder.

I have tried EMM, if I put them in Category Movie but wont sort them in separate folder, it will not generate .nfo for each movie so I cant group them into set. if I put them in tvshow, it wont generate .nfo for each short video as episode, even though the naming is right (The problem is that it cant find the right entry in TVDB.

Still trying to figure out a good way to do this.

Same thing apply if I want to group multiple music video under one poster or one entry in XBMC music video

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best way to have "home videos" in XBMC?2