[AppleTV1] Eden crashing after 20-30mins playing AVI file
just do the test please, there is purpose to the request.
Done the test and the whole movie played no problem.

Thanks
Have tried setting up the UPnP server llink on my mac but this proved unreliable as XBMC kept reporting that it lost connection even though everything was up.
your log show that you are using afp, change you switch to smb ?
I'm using OS X Lion so SMB wont work
Is there anything else I can try?
Install Samba 3 from MacPorts
I have considered it but just seems a bit over the top for my liking. Currently trying PS3 Media Server & XBMC. It seems so far to be playing files but it wont scan the directory for new content. It always crashes back to the Apple menu with error code 10.
Got fed up with PS3 media server not being completely great and went back to AFP. Still the same problem.

Seem to get "LIBAFPCLIENT: I have no idea what this is a reply to" error and then it just crashes.
jchannon Wrote:Is there anything else I can try?

Use the Mac App Store and download a copy of MediaMaster Server (it's free). Run it, select a folder to share, then do this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=854...stcount=16
Tried that and the number of connections went through the roof when a video started playing and eventually crashed the Mac.

I really dont understand why this has become so difficult.

I have a very simple setup - AppleTV -> iMac -> External Hard Drive.

Media Master crashes
PS3 Media Server wont scrape
AFP crashes
jchannon Wrote:I really dont understand why this has become so difficult.

cos apple was forced to mess with SMB, you were given the solution to the problem and didnt like it, only other one I can think of is for you to go to Snow Leopard
What was the solution?
jchannon Wrote:What was the solution?

serious?? http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=978...stcount=22
Maybe I'll look into it more but just seems odd that installing Samba 3 a more or less Windows protocol fixes communication between 2 unix based boxes. Irony!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV1] Eden crashing after 20-30mins playing AVI file0