Good Buy?
Hi,

I'm new to HTPC's and I was planning on either purchasing one or building one.
I found this sexy Lenovo Q180 for $303.
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/contr...26CC8A1ACC

My question is would this be a good buy? I'm primarily interested in using this for playing 1080p movies and Streaming HD content from Hulu and Youtube. Does this machine have the specs necessary for smooth HD playback?
yepp, that'll work
I just purchased the Q180 I got the middle of the line model with the 500GB HDD and 4GB Ram. I wanted the Blu-Ray attachment but doesn't appear to be available at this time. Anyways, great system very fast and I have XBMC 10.1 running on it now. My new Drobo FS is on the way today, and my XBMC Remote from Amazon. Enjoy the setup!
what about the Q150?

my local MC has an open box for under $200!
http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...id=0360622

my wife is going to kill me...
svtfmook Wrote:what about the Q150?

my local MC has an open box for under $200!
http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...id=0360622

my wife is going to kill me...
The IdeaCentre Q180 OP selected is a better choice. You'll have better playback experience with AMD Radeon HD 6450A! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
dalbeck Wrote:I just purchased the Q180 I got the middle of the line model with the 500GB HDD and 4GB Ram. I wanted the Blu-Ray attachment but doesn't appear to be available at this time. Anyways, great system very fast and I have XBMC 10.1 running on it now. My new Drobo FS is on the way today, and my XBMC Remote from Amazon. Enjoy the setup!
Great choice, and here is an option- USB2.0 Slim External 6X Blu-ray Drive Player.
i want to buy this today and get it shipped to Germany by my friend. my only query is does it play 1080p and 3D 1080p without issues? i am going to order the blurry version.... please suggest as the offer is only for today

reviews on lenovo site are very confusing...
chowdarygm Wrote:i want to buy this today and get it shipped to Germany by my friend. my only query is does it play 1080p and 3D 1080p without issues? i am going to order the blurry version.... please suggest as the offer is only for today

reviews on lenovo site are very confusing...
With proper media player (PowerDVD 11 or ArcSoft TMT5), it should playback BD 3D and bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD audio. Here is the complete spec on the graphic card in it- AMD Radeon™ HD 6450A Graphics for Desktop PCs.
Thumbs Up 
bluray Wrote:With proper media player (PowerDVD 11 or ArcSoft TMT5), it should playback BD 3D and bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD audio. Here is the complete spec on the graphic card in it- AMD Radeon™ HD 6450A Graphics for Desktop PCs.

thank you very much for the link and assurance... I have ordered mine and waiting for it....hope to get it soon
Sad this is still not shipped and the shipping date has been shifted to march 22 Stare

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Good Buy?0