[Live] Library update doesn't [Dharma]
About 8 months ago, this thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98319) was created, where several of us were having issues getting Dharma to update the library. It seems that nobody found a solution beyond manually adding every new movie.

Has anybody else seen an issue like this? Does anyone have any suggestions as to why XBMC would suddenly stop automatically adding movies to the library database, but will still scan in TV shows like there's no tomorrow? We just added about 50 movies and several TV seasons this Christmas, and every movie has had to be added by hand, but the scanner updated all the TV shows with no issue.

I'd tried updating my existing installation. I've updated to the latest Ubuntu and Dharma install. This past week, I downloaded OpenELEC and created a bootable USB stick with their version. It runs great, except that it won't detect any movies.

Anyone have any suggestions? This has been quite frustrating that it's suddenly stopped working. Any hint that the issue might be resolved in Eden? I'd like to give Eden a try, but I'm not really up for trying out a beta, just yet.

TIA
FreeMan
Wow. Nobody has any sort of idea? Not a hint? Not a clue?

I love my XMBC, but this is very frustrating, and the lack of support on this issue is disheartening. I know it's a free product, and I'm not entitled to any support at all, but I'd have thought somebody might have a useful suggestion.
Hey I also have the same problem. Mine started about a month ago or so. It seems to be the movies that library updater stalls on. It can update tv-shows just fine but will freeze on movies. So I had to remove my movie library and only update tv-shows. I would also like to know how to solve this problem.
No idea whether it's solved or not with Eden beta1 (or beta2 due out soon) - only way to know is to actually try it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i have eden beta 2 (openelec nightly 29 jan) and i have this problem
i removed my movie source and re-added it and now I have no movies in my library. when it scans it just zooms to 100 percent. it then adds tv shows properly.

was working fine up until maybe a week ago!

Sad
Are you getting an error....

I was having a problem with OpenElec (darhma) where it would try and scan then say it could not contact server or source or something etc.

File mode playback worked fine!

I also was having a problem when scanning TV... wouldn't even find anything new, even though I added a new season folder and vids.. (heard this could be an improper nfo/scanning issues, but I was using xbmc generated nfos).

I wiped and reinstalled, live then upgraded to eden nightly (last week)... all my scanning has been working great!

I would try live instead of open elec... it seems nice but I have had more problems then with live. The only downside is you generally have to mess with custom audio settings to get HDMI to work (hdwplug:0,3 etc)
dandirk Wrote:Are you getting an error....

I was having a problem with OpenElec (darhma) where it would try and scan then say it could not contact server or source or something etc.

File mode playback worked fine!

I also was having a problem when scanning TV... wouldn't even find anything new, even though I added a new season folder and vids.. (heard this could be an improper nfo/scanning issues, but I was using xbmc generated nfos).

I wiped and reinstalled, live then upgraded to eden nightly (last week)... all my scanning has been working great!

I would try live instead of open elec... it seems nice but I have had more problems then with live. The only downside is you generally have to mess with custom audio settings to get HDMI to work (hdwplug:0,3 etc)

If you go back to the thread I initially referenced, you'll see that I (and I believe everyone else there) was using Live. We were having all sorts of issues and shooting in the dark at it. At least one debug log was posted, but nobody who knew what they were doing was available to take a look at the log.

I've yet to try the eden beta, though I'm planning on it. I'll probably try both OpenElec via USB & a standard Live CD. I'm not yet ready to commit to the eden beta, though, at this point, not much more could go bad... Sad
vzey Wrote:i have eden beta 2 (openelec nightly 29 jan) and i have this problem
i removed my movie source and re-added it and now I have no movies in my library. when it scans it just zooms to 100 percent. it then adds tv shows properly.

was working fine up until maybe a week ago!

Sad

i changed the setting to scan recursively and then it would get through 15 movies and reboot the box so the logs disappeared.

i switched to IMDB scrapper and now it seems to be working fine?
vzey- I switched both those settings, and mine also scanned through all movies!

I have no idea which (or if it took both) setting fixed it, nor does it make any sense, but it works.

Thanks for posting!!
Well, here I am almost a year later. Running Eden. Just moved all my media to a new unRAID server, so had to update my library. Tried to export/edit/import my library (didn't work, a whole 'nother saga), and movie scraping won't work.

Glad I decided to browse back through old posts of mine, because this fix (setting recursive scan) fixed it. (IMDB scrapper is broken at the moment, so I know it's the recursive flag).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Library update doesn't [Dharma]0