XBMC remote android app and Eden beta 1
I installed Eden beta 1 yesterday, and I am unable to connect to it using the Android "official" XBMP remote control app. The port in the app is set to 8080 by default, so I assume that is the port where XBMP is listening? Maybe that changed with Eden? Because it's not a practical port for many developers. Or maybe the listener process is off by default? Or maybe the whole listener wasn't ported yet to Eden?
You will have to enable things in XBMC first in order to be able to use the android remote:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70243
KRKA01 Wrote:You will have to enable things in XBMC first in order to be able to use the android remote:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70243

did you read that 2yr old thread before suggesting it to help a 8 day old EDEN issue?

boo.
irresponsiblkid Wrote:did you read that 2yr old thread before suggesting it to help a 8 day old EDEN issue?

boo.

I just browsed thru the first page. If you didn't notice the F.A.Q is updated less than a month ago.

The thread starter did not mention if he/she had enabled the setting you need to enable to be able to use the remote, in particular nbr 1 and 17. Thats why i directed the thread starter to the XBMC Remote for Android Official Forum, which anyway also would be the proper place to ask questions regarding the andriod remote.

I havn't tried the android remote with Eden beta 1, but i have had it working from an nightly build of Eden from December 2012, so i really don't know if there is a problem in beta 1, but if the settings are not enabled, i wouldn't flag that as Eden issue yet
Actually I assumed that it worked out of the box in the old XBMC, but it turns out that was on Boxee that I tried simultaneously :-) Otherwise I would have considered it a FAQ, and put more effort in looking up the answer myself.

But thanks for the link. That did give me more insight, even though things have slightly changed now, but I'm sure that will be updated.
jkransen Wrote:I installed Eden beta 1 yesterday, and I am unable to connect to it using the Android "official" XBMP remote control app. The port in the app is set to 8080 by default, so I assume that is the port where XBMP is listening? Maybe that changed with Eden? Because it's not a practical port for many developers. Or maybe the listener process is off by default? Or maybe the whole listener wasn't ported yet to Eden?

I found he answer! just increase the socket timeout, in the "Manage XBMC Hosts" setting for the host you are connecting to. I increased mine from 6000, to 9000, and now it works perfectly!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC remote android app and Eden beta 10