Eden crashes when I start any video
atv 2 4.4.4 (3330)
xbmc 11.0 dec 24th
Jailbroke with seasonpass untethered today and restored atv today as well
Files are shared from a buffalo nas.
Switched back to verticle confluence skin

The debug report is here http://pastebin.com/CXaNfL3B

After updating my atv to 4.4.4. today and redoing the whole process my xbmc will now crash anytime I try to play anything.
More info

Using my buffalo nas to share using smb I can use the scraper but the crash happens.
If I share the same file using upnp I can't scrap but I can watch the file no problem.

The nas has a ftp server but I can't see any files in there when I try that option.
On crashes we need additionally the syslog and crashreporter log (first link in my sig)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
So should I trash any logs in there now and then make it crash again?
Well I guess I did something stupid because the only things I saw in the place the crash logs were supposed to be were 2 files called something like latestcrash.plist and latestcrashappletv.plist so I deleted them thinking that they would just be reproduced on the next crash. I tried to copy them first but cyberduck wouldn't let me, some kind of error kept coming up.

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/792304/

Here is the sylog, just took the whole thing but the crashes are the last day and a half at the end.
Yeah ... the latestcrash.plist and latestcrashappletv.plist are only symlinks. You mostly can't copy them to a windows box. This is ok. Only having this 2 links in the folder would indicate that you didn't experience a common crash but more likely a out of memory shutdown.

So nothing to worry about the deleted links. When something really crashes on your atv2 it will recreate the links.

1. You seem to use bluetooth stack on your atv2 right? If not - deinstall it through nitotv
2. It looks like you have log submission turned on and all your crashreports are beeing sent to apple
3. There are AirPlay errors in the syslog. Just for your information. If you want to use airplay while XBMC is running you have to deactivate the ATV2 native airplay in the ATV2 settings and enable Airplay in XBMC network settings.

All in all your syslog looks unfimilar to me ... seems like apple has changed the log in someway on 4.4.4
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
1) Yup I use keyboard pretty often with it.
2) Whoops, didn't mean to do that. The man doesn't need to know anything.
3) I haven't actually used airplay from within xbmc but I do use it at the main screen.

I'll try and see if by turning things off I can save a little memory but do you think that's the reason it shutsdown?

Any idea why it would only shut down with files being shared smb and not when I try it with upnp?
I switched off airplay and the apple notice thing but to no avail. I did pay attention to the memory use though with the onscreen alerts selected in the debugging menu and you're right that when I try a movie through an SMB share the memory jumps up to full use and shuts down. Same file played with the upnp share uses about half the memory. Unfortunatly I can't scan the library with upnp for some reason.

This has to be a bug of some sort.
upnp and library doesn't work ... thats stated all over the forum and even in the wiki i bet.

I don't know if you have low memory crashes since you didn't post a crashlog for me yet...
I would love to just use smb but eden doesn't want to scrape files shared that way.

You just told me a few posts ago that I'm not experience crashes but out of memory shut downs (which seems right since the onscreen clearly shows it using all the memory on files shared with upnp).

Maybe I should start a new thread called "Eden uses too much memory to play files shared via SMB" ?
So I updated my atv2 just so I could get NBA back but the unforeseen result is now I have eden which doesn't work for me.

So a simple question, why on earth would the same file shared via SMB from my NAS use twice as much memory as the same file shared via upnp from my nas and cause a memory shut down?

All my files worked fine till eden. I can supply the logs but they didn't seem to help the last person who tried to assist me.
Wow Eden seems super messed up. Apparently just being in the smb source without even selecting a file to play can make the system run out of memory. I could see the use increasing till it shut down, pick a file and it does it even quicker.

Of course I can watch the files fine using upnp, but can't scan.

Turning on debugging and watching the onscreen info heres what I see.

from video I go to the folder set up with smb share and the memory starts to be eating up and the frame rate drops way low till the system shuts down on me. I go to the same folder setup with upnp and it works like you'd expect.
Here is the sylog http://pastebin.com/TsAN9kL7
And the debugging log http://pastebin.com/cmvRPGhW

No crash logs, just plists.
disable thumbnail extraction and try again.

and I merged your other thread here.
That did it, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden crashes when I start any video0