[WINDOWS] Weird behavior when turning off/on HDMI connected screen
Hi all,

I've set up my new HTPC (Asus E35M1-I Deluxe, AMD Fusion) with Eden Beta on Win7 32bit. It is connected via HDMI to my receiver which passes the video signal to an LCD TV via HDMI.

When I turn off the TV whilst playing media, I experience a short stutter but then it continues to play (acceptable). When I turn it back on XBMC seems to be freezing and does not react to any command. I have to kill the XBMC process to exit.

If it matters: I use true fullscreen mode, as I experienced stuttering video playback otherwise.

Anyone having the same problem or having a solution?

Regards,
Julian
I think XBMX may be rather brittle when outputing a video on HDMI and then losing the HDMI link.

My system all goes through an Amp (that switches HDMI) and occasionally the projector seems to lose the HDMI link (unknown reason) for a few seconds (always comes in two's - loses it for a few seconds then does the same about 45 seconds later and then is stable again for some time). I do not know what part of the system is causing this problem.

However this loss can seem to hang up XBMC if it is playing a video. I then have to use taskmgr to kill it and go back into XBMC

XBMC seem to be rather more resilient if I select for HDMI connection something like (remembering) DirectX out (in the XBMC System settings) rather than the Pioneer AV Amp directly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Weird behavior when turning off/on HDMI connected screen0