Nito Tv & Seas0npass
i've jailbroke my atv dozens of times but never with seas0n pass. It always came equipped with nito & xbmc..etc. But on the latest jailbreak of 4.4.4 i can't seem to ssh nito tv to install.

It is jailbroke it has the FC symbol in the corner. I can ssh into it. I follow the commands

apt-get install wget
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16129573/com.nito.deb
dpkg -i com.nito.deb
apt-get update
apt-get install com.nito.nitotv
killall Lowtide

and i have tried 10 other ones similar but it keeps installing then it locks up Winscp and i have to hit abort and never get to do the killall lowtide command. I cant give a log because i dont have xbmc on it yet or nito tv...unless there is a log hidden somewhere after you jailbreak.
I have been doing this for some time and have had ups and downs but does anybody know of a way to get nito tv on with a package installation instead of ssh commands? thanks and sorry if there was a way to paste a log without xbmc being installed.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99315
echo “deb http://atp.awkwardtv.org ./” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list

apt-get update

apt-get install com.nito.nitoTV

killall Lowtide
Marc100 Wrote:echo “deb http://atp.awkwardtv.org ./” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list

apt-get update

apt-get install com.nito.nitoTV

killall Lowtide

i tried those exactly cut and paste 15 times...and it gets to the part about
apt-get install com.nito.nitoTV and then locks up my winscp program. I then have to abort and it seems like nothing happens. I then log back in and try killall lowtide and it does reset the apple tv but no nito tv appears.

i tried the link you gave pooh....i am clearly jailbroke and it does have the red FC logo in the corner. It just seems nito tv commands are not working for me.
i am now getting the error E "type Deb is not known on line 1? seems i cant run any commands?
have you tried any other ssh programs like putty?
It might be easier to get the new aTV Flash(black) app, and run that from a computer on the same network as the AppleTV. That should install nitoTV. When you run it from another computer, it scans the network for any AppleTV, identifies it, and installs the Maintenance tab in the regular AppleTV menu. You can then install nitoTV from the Maintenance tab.
I didn't want to drop 40 bucks for the atv flash when I've never had to use an outside program before. Just wondering if anyone on here was on 4.4.4 and had nito tv working
barrmy Wrote:have you tried any other ssh programs like putty?

I did look at putty but It was no where near as easy as winscp. I have used winscp for a year or two and never had trouble. This is the first jailbreak I ever did that didn't have nito preloaded and I don't know why the commands aren't finishing
I've found in the past when using winscp to ssh it tends to lock up if the device asks you a question back (Are you sure? etc) best bet is to use putty from here, typing the ip address in and clicking open. Then all you have to do is type your username and password and then copy and paste the commands above.
I had same problem but I used putty and it was easy took maybe 5 min. I only use winscp to put icefilms and navi-x on the atb2
i know i risk sounding like a moron...but what username and password would they be asking for? i dont really have any kind of password protection for the internet or logging on as administrator. If i sound stupid sorry but i've always used winscp and all you have to do is add the ip address and alpine.
username and passwords for what? because i dont have any on my computer for the internet or logging on
kucarachi Wrote:username and passwords for what? because i dont have any on my computer for the internet or logging on

Username: root
Password: alpine

They're the default ones for the Apple tv.
thanks bear that did get me in...sorry i didnt realize it was the same easy way to get onto the apple tv as winscp. But now it says line malformed when i get to the apt-get update part of it...the same thing it says when i do it on winscp only it says e: error in line.

am i supposed to leave out the " " quotation marks? i've tried with or without and am getting line errors....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nito Tv & Seas0npass0