Remote buttons no longer working with Eden
Question 
I've upgraded from Dharma to the Eden beta and while most things went over without a hitch, the play/pause/stop/rewind buttons on my remote no longer work (all other buttons seem to work fine). I'm using a Logitech Harmony 300 setup to act like a Microsoft MCE remote. If I switch back to Dharma everything works fine.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I didn't have to use event ghost or anything else to get this working in Dharma so I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what I have to do in Eden to get these buttons working again.
What IR receiver are you using, and is it using the eHome driver (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for how to tell)?

In Windows it's usual to configure eHome remotes to send keypresses e.g. when you press Play the remote sends ctrl-shift-P. Assuming your remote works thios way nothing should have changed between v10.1 and Eden. Grab Showkey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and use this to see what if anything your remote is sendinmg when you press Play, Pause etc.

JR
Thanks for the reply. It's an Antec Veris using the imon software. I'm at work right now so I can't check but I'm 99% sure I'm not using the ehome driver.

I did try that showkey app and the weird thing is that it doesn't register anything when I press the media buttons on my remote.
Hi Guys,

I hope this the right place to plonk a bug I have picked up with Eden b1.

I installed Eden on to pretty much a virgin windows installation and downloaded the mce remote app. When I tried to configure the key settings it does not update the OS with these settings, (Win home premium 64) ie. it's not updating the registry (if that is where it goes). MCE Remote V2.0.1 was installed from the repository.

I managed to fix the problem by installing Dharma V10.1 with MCE Remote V1.1.5 (I think) and then just install Eden b1 over the top of it again.

In both installations XBMC was run as Admistrator.

Hope this helps

Thanks for an amazing Media Player Platform.
Horn Wrote:Thanks for the reply. It's an Antec Veris using the imon software. I'm at work right now so I can't check but I'm 99% sure I'm not using the ehome driver.

I did try that showkey app and the weird thing is that it doesn't register anything when I press the media buttons on my remote.

I don't know how the iMon stuff works I'm afraid, and I don't have an iMon remote to test.

JR
gsm500 Wrote:Hi Guys,

I hope this the right place to plonk a bug I have picked up with Eden b1.

I installed Eden on to pretty much a virgin windows installation and downloaded the mce remote app. When I tried to configure the key settings it does not update the OS with these settings, (Win home premium 64) ie. it's not updating the registry (if that is where it goes). MCE Remote V2.0.1 was installed from the repository.

I managed to fix the problem by installing Dharma V10.1 with MCE Remote V1.1.5 (I think) and then just install Eden b1 over the top of it again.

In both installations XBMC was run as Admistrator.

Hope this helps

Thanks for an amazing Media Player Platform.

Can you start this as a new thread. It's not germane to this thread.

Thanks,

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote buttons no longer working with Eden0