Play Disc option not working properly
hi i am trying to figure out why if xbmc is running and i put a disc in the dvd drive sometimes the Play Disc option will not appear on the confluence (Eden Beta 1) menu and sometimes if i do get it to appear when i press to play discs it won't start the dvd

is anyone else having this problem?

and this isn't just regular dvd's but i tried a slideshow video i did of family photos and the same thing so it can't be a copyright protection thing i put the slideshow dvd in my xbox 360 and it works straight away
protocol77 Wrote:hi i am trying to figure out why if xbmc is running and i put a disc in the dvd drive sometimes the Play Disc option will not appear on the confluence (Eden Beta 1) menu and sometimes if i do get it to appear when i press to play discs it won't start the dvd

is anyone else having this problem?

and this isn't just regular dvd's but i tried a slideshow video i did of family photos and the same thing so it can't be a copyright protection thing i put the slideshow dvd in my xbox 360 and it works straight away

1. I tried several DVD movies on my HTPC with XBMC 11.0 Beta 1 earlier, and it playback fluently.

2. I tried it with external player (Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup) too, and it playback fluently as well.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I have the same problem. Sometimes XBMC do found the disc and sometimes not. Grey's Anatomy series -DVD it wont play at all but Topi Sorsakoski document film DVD it does. Strange. And with Dharma everything worked.
Hi Guy's,

I had the very same issues, I loaded Slysoft's AnyDVD and all is fine now, they all play faultlessly now.

Hopefully this works for yourselves.

Regards

Bart..
that was fixed and will be included in beta2.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
bart666 Wrote:Hi Guy's,

I had the very same issues, I loaded Slysoft's AnyDVD and all is fine now, they all play faultlessly now.

Hopefully this works for yourselves.

Regards

Bart..
That's why it's in my guide. It'll decrypt any encrypted BD and DVD. Smile
CrystalP Wrote:that was fixed and will be included in beta2.
What did you fix? PlayDisc option in Beta 1 works perfect on all three of my HTPC's. Smile
Try a css protected dvd.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Is this issue fixed, 'cause I can't play a DVD disc using XBMC Eden Beta 3. THe disc doesn't show up, and if I go to Video->Files and right-click on the DVD drive (which shows the disc name) and select Play Disc, I get a dialog box in the background saying there's no disc in the drive.

Has the DeCSS functionality been removed?
A debug log may help. And do you have multiple dvd drives?
rickwookie - are you booting straight into XBMC or Eventghost etc (ie using something other than Explorer as a windows shell)?

I have a similar problem because of this - I think something that comes with Explorer enables the auto insert notification on which XBMC is probably relying to "see" that a disc has been inserted.

If I boot to explorer, all inserted DVD's are detected and I get the Play Disc option - if not, I don't.
As far as I can see its not related to the launching of explorer.exe

I have xbmc set as my shell via a registry edit (not using eventghost) and the playdisc option does not appear for me when I insert a disc. Just as in your case the option does appear if I then launch explorer from the task manager.

However...if you insert a disc and then reboot the system, xbmc launches as the shell without explorer running, but this time the play disc option is there.

I got round the problem by following a suggestion in another thread to edit the skin to make the play disc item appear on the home screen at all times.
Hi - I'm not sure that's evidence that it's not related to explorer. I think all disks (hd and optical) are checked as present or not when Windows boots - but for a change of disc to register you need auto insert notification.

I'm not sure if it is explorer itself or a service etc that explorer loads, but I think it is related.

I've seen another (older) thread on this specific issue (which is not necessarily the issue the OP on this thread has), and significantly everyone who experienced it was booting into a non-standard shell.
By the way, my problem is more with avi files backed up to DVDs rather than full video DVDs.

I would have just added the DVD drive as a source and gone in through the Files option, but if XBMC doesn't sense the disc, the source doesn't show up at all. As a workaround, I shared the drive on the network, and then added it as a network source. Not ideal, but...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Disc option not working properly0