blu-ray ISO long load times
I have a setup with XBMC running on two separate computers using a shared mysql library that runs on my HTPC in the den, and I stream content from it on the HTPC in my bedroom as well.

All video content is stored on the den HTPC (its also where the mysql server runs.) However on the den HTPC, when XBMC loads ripped blu-ray ISO's, it takes about a minute with the "Working..." with the little circle animation on the bottom right corner of the screen.

When my HTPC in my bedroom loads them, they are near instant. Strange seeing as the remote PC can load them faster than the local PC can load them from its own hard disk (which is mapped over SMB to keep the library matching on both computers.) I can't figure out how to fix this though, as both copies of XBMC are running an identical configuration. BTW blu-rays ripped as folders work fine, however some blu-rays I have shouldn't be ripped to folders due to being 3D (ripping 3d blu-rays to folders wastes space.)

By the way, I am running eden beta 1 on both computers.
That does sound odd. Try enabling debug logging (System settings, System, Debugging) and record logs when playing some sample ISO on both PCs. The log may show what the difference is. To open the log press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blu-ray ISO long load times0