Popup Window with rtsp stream in it
Lightbulb 
Hi fellow Nerds!

I want to include my doorcamera in my xbmc based htpc.
The goal is to push a button on the remote and a popup window comes up, which displays who is at the main door. Then i press the same button again and the window disappears.

My System/Hard- and Software:

-) Atom based ZOTAC ID40 box
-) Windows7 Ultimate 32bit
-) xbmc dharma 10.1
-) EventGhost (latest version)
-) PS3 Bluetooth remote (with Ben Barrons "PS3Blumote")
-) Videoserver which delivers a rtsp stream

Can someone please be so kind and give a noob a step-by-step guide how this can work?

I like experimenting with my htpc (i managed to switch all my lights in my flat on and off with FS20 components and eventghost) but i have never build up the confidence to change any parameters in xbmc itself (simply too scared i´ll do something wrong and nothing works anymore Confused ).

Thanx in advance for your help!
Create a text file (just use Notepad) called DoorCam.strm (or anything you want as long as it ends in .strm) and put the stream URL in this file. Now put the file somewhere convenient in your video folders, just as if it was a video file. When you play doorCam.strm XBMC will play the stream URL from that file. This works with any URL, and is usually used for streaming from web servers, but it should work for streaming from your camera.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Create a text file (just use Notepad) called DoorCam.strm (or anything you want as long as it ends in .strm) and put the stream URL in this file. Now put the file somewhere convenient in your video folders, just as if it was a video file. When you play doorCam.strm XBMC will play the stream URL from that file. This works with any URL, and is usually used for streaming from web servers, but it should work for streaming from your camera.

JR

Thanx for the fast reply

I tried that, but i did not work (i can choose the *strm file, but nothing happens)
And then there is still the problem with the popup window Sad
I found this article

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_skinning

Is that the right thing to use?

Where should i put it?
Get the .strm file working first then worry about displaying it in a popup window.

What does a debug log show when you open the .strm file? Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, try and play the .strm then close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Hi JR!

Here is the link:

http://pastebin.com/y66cn6Fa
I think i found the error!

I tried my *Strm file with VLC and it didn´t work either.
After trying a little bit i added the port after the ip and now it works on xbmc as well!! *yippie* NodNodNodNod

Now we have just the popup thing to get to workSmile
wphj1 Wrote:After trying a little bit i added the port after the ip and now it works on xbmc as well!! *yippie* NodNodNodNod

Now we have just the popup thing to get to workSmile

Cool :-)

Skinning isn't a trivial undertaking. Offhand I can't think of any cases where XBMC plays video in a popup window. It might be worth asking in the Skins forum if any existing skins do this, then you can copy their code.

JR
Did you get the 'pop up' part working?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Popup Window with rtsp stream in it0