Updated to Eden beta, XBMC menu disappeared
Hi,

I updated my ATV2 to Eden beta today from the old 10.0.9 (via apt-get update, apt-get upgrade) and the XBMC menu has now disappeared from my ATV2. I've rebooted a couple of times and this makes no difference. Do I need to do something else to get this to appear back in the menu?

Details are below.

Device - ATV2 black
ATV version - 4.3 8F455/2557
XBMC version - 11.0-0~b1
Install method - installed via apt-get, upgraded from previous version which was working fine

Logs are:
xbmc.log - http://pastebin.com/6tdg6Q80

Let me know if you need syslog, it was too big to paste on pastebin.com by default but I can chop it to only the last day or so if it's necessary.

Thanks,
toe2toe
Bump.

Any ideas? Other things I've tried since, doing an "apt-get autoremove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2" and then reinstalling but I get the following error:

Setting up bsdiff (4.3-1) ...
Setting up gawk (3.1.6-2) ...
Setting up beigelist (2.2.1-1) ...
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock (1.0-4) ...
Found ATV2 running ios 4.2+/AppleTV
Frontrow app md5sum is unknown, not patching
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (11.0-0~b1) ...
Apple-TV:~ root#

I guess the frontrow md5 is different because it would've already been patched from the earlier xbmc installation.

Also tried installing org.tomcool.xbmc-booter, but it STILL boots into the normal appletv frontrow, WTF?

Any more ideas? I really don't want to upgrade iOS and rejailbreak but it looks like the only choice..
Same problem here, have had XBMC on ATV2 4.3 for a few months and now there's nothing in Frontrow.

Updated to Eden beta fine, have rebooted since and seen the Eden logo. Yesterday while navigating XBMC menus it froze and I had to pull the plug. Now when it boots there's no XBMC option. Tried removing and re-installing and the xbmc-booter with no joy.

All I have done since the previous boot was apt upgrade cydia and mobilesubstrate.

XBMC.log contained a number of "ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed" so I removed the database as suggested but when the ATV2 boots XBMC.log is no longer updated so I don't see a lot of point looking there for answers. It was running for a while and so the log file got quite large. Here's the end of it, where it crashed.

Here is my dpkg -l

Also here is my entire syslog (deleted the old log before rebooting)

Any ideas ?
ignore "Frontrow app md5sum is unknown, not patching", in the past we would patch it, now SeasonPass pre-patches it.
Ok, I'm going to update to 4.4.4 and re jailbreak it then... Sad
On a fresh jailbreak of 4.4.4 I've got XBMC now working again.. the only problem is XBMC doesn't seem to want to restore the library settings. I've copied the userdata folder over to the right place and tried restarting just XBMC as well as the whole ATV but no go. Is that expected after the update to Eden?
toe2toe Wrote:On a fresh jailbreak of 4.4.4 I've got XBMC now working again.. the only problem is XBMC doesn't seem to want to restore the library settings. I've copied the userdata folder over to the right place and tried restarting just XBMC as well as the whole ATV but no go. Is that expected after the update to Eden?

repair your userdata permissions settings after restoring a backup, as mentioned in the FAQ.
Ned Scott Wrote:repair your userdata permissions settings after restoring a backup, as mentioned in the FAQ.

Ahh cheers, I missed that part at first. Now back up and running properly with all settings and paths restored. Thanks!

I don't plan on doing any more upgrades any time soon after all this hassle!
Sorry, I cant find the advice in the FAQ anywhere....can you 'copy and paste' please?

I too am running eben beta 11 and when I click into movies, tv shows etc, nothing comes up except a large blank area where i used to see all my files (this is in library mode). the only way i can see my shares is via the 'files' mode which had no metadata just the files.

only started happening yesterday when i did an update to the latest nightlies.

running a jb atv2 with 4.1.1
Look at the FAQ in the section about backing up and restoring.
I have confidence you can find it.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_settings

I changed the header to just "Repair settings" so it's easier to find.
Ned Scott Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_settings

I changed the header to just "Repair settings" so it's easier to find.

Ran the command, restarted atv2, went into xbmc in library mode - still comes up blank! any other advice? Should I downgrade? Thanks
Same issue here, the repair doesn't work. Nito TV and XBMC are missing on the main menu.

Tryed to patch again from scratch by restoring and running Greenpois0n, Nito TV and install of XBMC. All seemed ok but after doing the XBMC setup it crashed again on Frontrow with the menu entries missing.

SSH works fine and the Apps seems to be there but the entries got removed.
Having the same problem after update today.
(2012-04-07, 12:17)puls Wrote: Having the same problem after update today.

Btw, I don't think this has anything to to with the update to Eden beta. I've updated to Eden beta weeks ago, today I think it was nitotv that got updated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to Eden beta, XBMC menu disappeared0