Volume Amplification
Does anyone know if this just boosts all audio or just certain parts of audio?

I have issues at night with 'volume normalization' and I did some searches about DRC, ffdshow, and this Volume Amplification. I upgraded my dharma for this function specifically.

For obvious reasons, I want to have all volume static to hear dialog at the same volume as action scenes or when a monkey drops onto Ed Helms' shoulder in Hangover Part II.

I'm trying to calibrate the Volume and Volume Amplification to see if I can find a good volume to steady this. I've also read that this may be specific to 5.1 DTS/AAC audio going into 2.1 or 2.0 is the main issue. However, other players like VLC have no problems with the audio playback. Someone else brought up the question: what makes VLC so much different?

Note: I am not an advocate of VLC in fact I prefer MPC and I'm not bashing XBMC. I'm simply trying to fully understand the problem so I can resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
boncs
bump
bump
Search forum for Dynamic Range Compression - someone just posted a thread with a solution. Always better to search first than bumping a thread twice that's already been answered. No

Most receivers also have this in the form of "night modes" and other range compression DSPs.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume Amplification0