ATV2 Constantly Buffering/Stuttering/Crashing
Same issues here. Excessive buffering/stuttering and completely random crashes on ATV2/Eden. Tried every fix described in WIKI to no avail. ATV1 with eden works like a charm short of HD playback.
Ok. Update.

> Restored ATV to factory settings via USB connection to iTunes
> Jailbreak using new untethered Seas0nPass
> Installed XBMC using Cydia method. Had to run "apt-get update" about 5 times until no I got no error messages and I got the much anticipated "done" message
> rebooted ATV
> Run XBMC and configured all the settings
> Quit and re-opened XBMC
> Located my movies share over SMB
> Tried 4 movies of a different nature (HD, SD) - all m4v's. Success! All play smoothly.

Fingers crossed it stays that way. It's currently scanning my library so I'll try quitting and re-opening XBMC once the scan is finished to see if there is any difference.

Anyone else getting any luck?
I'm waiting for a new Version or an old Dharma link Sad

Configuration: wired ATV2 with QNAP 219P II on Gigabit TPLink Switch
Had the same problem like you, what helped me is to add the following to your advancedsettings.xml (look in the wiki for that file)

Code:
<network>
    <cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
Rictor Wrote:Ok. Update.

> Run XBMC and configured all the settings

Anyone else getting any luck?

Trying this now, though, what settings did you configure on XBMC specifically??

Thanks!
Well tried, and the same files are causing the same problems. It's odd.. a 6gb MKV works fine (with Subs), then a 700mb one is a all. I wonder if it's something to do with subtitles??
i never tried subs, but buffering is also bad with the new advancesettings network config Sad

i need an 10.9 dharma or a new eden nightly Wink
the 24th build sucks
Muteki Wrote:Trying this now, though, what settings did you configure on XBMC specifically??

Thanks!

Mainly Network.....

"allow control of XBMC via HTTP", "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC", "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC", "announce these services to other systems via zeroconf" - all switched on

>SMB Client> put my server address in as the WINS Server (I didn't do that before but I have no idea whether it made a difference).

Previously, I had set my Apple TV screensaver up linked to my photos on my home pc and I remember it seemingly caching a huge amount of photos to the atv, therefore filling it up (as I have about 30gb of photos the atv probably took as much of them as it could to store them locally). I'm wondering whether this affected the buffer of xbmc and caused the stuttering. I haven't done that this time. And everything still works smoothly.
Rictor Wrote:Mainly Network.....

"allow control of XBMC via HTTP", "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC", "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC", "announce these services to other systems via zeroconf" - all switched on

>SMB Client> put my server address in as the WINS Server (I didn't do that before but I have no idea whether it made a difference).

Previously, I had set my Apple TV screensaver up linked to my photos on my home pc and I remember it seemingly caching a huge amount of photos to the atv, therefore filling it up (as I have about 30gb of photos the atv probably took as much of them as it could to store them locally). I'm wondering whether this affected the buffer of xbmc and caused the stuttering. I haven't done that this time. And everything still works smoothly.

I have the same issue with MKV files even the SD ones. I am not sure it is a network issue. I just played 4GB m4v files flawlessly.

http://pastebin.com/ANkrMKmX EDEN
http://pastebin.com/q9JX308d Same file with Sept 19th build

Hope this helps the devs
hi where i can find th 19 september nightly to test?
Thanks
i got the same issue, tested via smb and upnp and nas.
I can play all files but 720p and 1080p, then the audio stutters.
What i have noticed is that when the screen is black it is working without stutters in the sound. Doesnt matter the size, the samples also stutters.

So the filesize doesnt matter.

So seams like it cant render the picture or something, tried all the stuff in the wiki, have restored and re-jailbreaked without any errors in the installation.
Have never tried 19sep, got the atv in december.

Currently running 4.4.4 and eden.

Any solution for this? 19sep availiable for testing?

/Stefan
I think someone did try installing sept 19th build on 4.4.4 and the issues remained. There seems to be growing agreement that ios 4.4.4 may be the real culprit since it uses a lot of CPU even at idle (ie when a video is not playing). I'm still looking for instructions on how to revert to 4.4.3
sohels Wrote:I think someone did try installing sept 19th build on 4.4.4 and the issues remained. There seems to be growing agreement that ios 4.4.4 may be the real culprit since it uses a lot of CPU even at idle (ie when a video is not playing). I'm still looking for instructions on how to revert to 4.4.3

I am on 4.3. Yes i haven't upgraded...and eden killed mkv. I tried sept 19th-no go, I tried Dec 10th-no go. I did a purge clean of xbmc and tried Dec 10th - Still no go....
gumnaam Wrote:I am on 4.3. Yes i haven't upgraded...and eden killed mkv. I tried sept 19th-no go, I tried Dec 10th-no go. I did a purge clean of xbmc and tried Dec 10th - Still no go....

Did you use the Cydia method to install? If so, did you get the awkwardtv duplicate lists warning?
sohels Wrote:Did you use the Cydia method to install? If so, did you get the awkwardtv duplicate lists warning?

seasonpass....no warnings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 Constantly Buffering/Stuttering/Crashing0