Need older nightly - Sept 19th - No go on Eden
Hi,

Looks like the new Eden isn't really able to play 720p MKVs. Lots of stuttering, buffering and crashes. The only nightlies that didn't have problems playing 720p MKVs is the Sept 19th. I have tried all the recent nightlies and they don't work. I should have never updated to Eden. This software is more Alpha than Beta. Kind of sad that there are so many complaints, which are totally valid. Wish the developers can get their act together and release something legit.

Does any have the Sept 19th nightlyHuh For some reason this nightly is totally capable of playing 720p and even 1080p MKV videos.

I would totally appreciate if i can get this from someone.
Nightlies cannot be more alpha... and nightlies ARE Eden!
And i ain't see you helping by complaining. They are doing their best. Remember this is opensource and free software.

Might come in handy if you actual tell what OS you need
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am not complaining. Just stating the facts. Eden doesn't work on 720p MKVs, but the Sept 19th nightly did. It even worked flawlessly on 1080p MKVs. Odd that it doesn't work in Eden? I am not the first to observe this...

i appreciate do appreciate the developers efforts. XBMC is great stuff, but it is still very buggy.

I need it for my ATV2. Can you help?
Sorry I didn't see you posted in the iOs section.

Might this be playing Icefilms?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Sorry I didn't see you posted in the iOs section.

Might this be playing Icefilms?

icefilms and hulu play fine. My MKVs on my SMB share isn't working well as before. The Sept 19th Nightly is the best one out there. Too bad I don't have a copy of it.
dopechess Wrote:icefilms and hulu play fine. My MKVs on my SMB share isn't working well as before. The Sept 19th Nightly is the best one out there. Too bad I don't have a copy of it.

Not sure if this will make a difference but try going through a network share instead of SMB. ie. //server/path or something to that effect. Worth a try.
mealto Wrote:Not sure if this will make a difference but try going through a network share instead of SMB. ie. //server/path or something to that effect. Worth a try.

What are you talking about? //server/path is not a valid protocol for XBMC. Are you a windows user or what? Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Here from 7. July 2011:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/867331/latest_at...ly2011.deb
I've got the builds from Sept 16 and Sept 22. I'll post them when i get home.
Eden works great for me though, except for a little scraper oddness.
Memphiz Wrote:What are you talking about? //server/path is not a valid protocol for XBMC. Are you a windows user or what? Wink

Maybe my syntax is not correct but underneath SMB, there is a network share option or something to that effect. I was suggesting for the OP to try this to try and make Eden work. Just trying to help here, what is with the smart remark?
ChipsAhoy Wrote:I've got the builds from Sept 16 and Sept 22. I'll post them when i get home.
Eden works great for me though, except for a little scraper oddness.

Totally appreciate if you could do so...
mealto Wrote:Maybe my syntax is not correct but underneath SMB, there is a network share option or something to that effect. I was suggesting for the OP to try this to try and make Eden work. Just trying to help here, what is with the smart remark?

Even though your intentions were good, it's pretty clear that you might not have a great understanding of network protocols... offering advice under those circumstances often does more harm than good and ya it's going to generate a few comments from the more experienced folks around.
Here they are:

Sept 16 build

Sept 21 build
ChipsAhoy Wrote:Here they are:

Sept 16 build

Sept 19 build

You rock bro! btw.. for those that are having buffering issues. Try these 2 builds. They have worked great for me for 720p and 1080p MKVs. Don't know why, but they do for some reason. i have tried many many nighties and these work the best.

Please report back to this thread if you have tried these and it works for you.
actually, i think it might be the sept 16th one that i was looking for. i don't think there was a sept 19th one.

Everyone with buffering issue should try this one!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need older nightly - Sept 19th - No go on Eden0