Need older nightly - Sept 19th - No go on Eden
hi dopechess, can you also post the mediainfo for a couple of example movies so the devs have all the details possible

many users seem to have similar issues and there are a lot of threads (yes I am including my ones in there) regarding playback issues, most of which I believe are down to the files in question rather than XBMC itself

for the others, it could well be XBMC at fault, a lot of things are changed all the time and it is impossible to test playback to the lengths the users can

devs can you stick with this thread as it does clearly show something did change and I call to the posters in this thread and the readers to contribute and provide the logs requested so the devs can hopefully have something to go on

will try and post some pastebins later

also to the readers of this thread, this is regarding files that played well on older versions of pre eden nightlies but that do not play well on the eden beta1, please dont post only that something does not play on eden beta 1 Wink

lets not blow a good chance to get the issue resolved in the long run
So what i want. I don't have time to search the logs between bunch of posts (which are surly only ment to be helping).

I want. 1 Post with.

1. 1 Log of XBMC version which works
2. 1 Log of beta1 version which doesn't work
3. Both files generated with the same movie
4. The mediainfo of that movie.

Not less not more - not spread over dozens of posts.

I know i sound a bit rude and should be glad that even someone tests this stuff. But its really difficult to keeping track to all the issues which are posted all over the forum and fix bugs at the same time.

So please understand our position. Also keep in mind that b2 still could have this issue. In that case that has nothing to do with lazy devs, but with bugs are just hiding from us so well.

round 10 - FIGHT!
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Do you reboot your atv2/restart xbmc after the first night?

typically, i do not reboot the ATV2 after the first night. If it starts acting up, i will grab the debug log and than do a reboot and report back. Could it be some sort of memory leak?
Memphiz Wrote:STOP HIGHJACKING this thread. This all becomes such a mess here that i just loose my motivation to even try to help.

Wow, this was very unexpected. All I did was ask for xmbc for ios specific support in a forum of the same name, and that too in one post. Anyway, I appreciate your work - please disregard my request for help and carry on.
hi guys,

hmm, well very slightly off here but the info is relevant.

have not got the sept 16th running on 4.4.4 yet so instead had a thought to check streaming again on my high end htpc again, will have a go with sept 16 over weekend more time

no htpc logs yet sorry just my observations

test 1 using windows 7, xbmc 10.1 (stable) dharma release, movies shared from nas

result ALL the movies that had issues on the atv2 streamed perfectly

ok so yes its a htpc and not a low powered atv2 you say but keep reading

test 2 using windows 7, eden beta 1, movies again shared from nas

result ALL the movies that had issues on the atv2 now gave me the same playback issues on the htpc

put 10.1 back on and all movies streamed perfectly again

so this could very well mean eden beta 1 is handling the streaming in a different way

to double check this I tried 10.1/eden on my imac windows 7 partition and had the results streaming as above

I understand its a big change from 10.1 to eden beta 1 but just looking to see what works
Had the same problem like you, what helped me is to add the following to your advancedsettings.xml (look in the wiki for that file):

Code:
<network>
    <cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
I think what Memphiz was trying to say is that all these posts of what works and what doesn't are nice, but don't help at all unless there are logs attached, as well as hard information (mediainfo transcripts, clips from affected videos, etc) of what's going on--not observations and speculations. That's the only way anything could possibly be done about any of this. This thread is seven pages long and I think there was one post with a log of any sort.

I'd post some myself, but I'm not seeing the issue.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:I think what Memphiz was trying to say is that all these posts of what works and what doesn't are nice, but don't help at all unless there are logs attached, as well as hard information (mediainfo transcripts, clips from affected videos, etc) of what's going on--not observations and speculations. That's the only way anything could possibly be done about any of this. This thread is seven pages long and I think there was one post with a log of any sort.

I'd post some myself, but I'm not seeing the issue.

Right. But its useless to post a log when you don't have the issue. Though your post was appreciated. You definitly got what i said.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I did create my own thread and supplied what is necessary about a week ago, but thought it would be useful for all to know how to revert to a combination that works till the time the problems are sorted out. That this should be perceived as an attempt to 'hijack', and so messy that it results in a loss of motivation, is the puzzling bit. Anyway, I'd rather not add to your troubles - the new WD TV Live has caught my eye and I plan on using that till the next stable xbmc release.
Closing this thread as it has become useless now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need older nightly - Sept 19th - No go on Eden0