• 3(current)
[REQUEST] TuneIn Radio Plugin?
The addon seems to hard coded ifconfig to get mac address which always fails on android platform.

Here is the quick fix to make it work on android platform.
Code:
--- a/resources/lib/tunein.py
+++ b/resources/lib/tunein.py
@@ -74,11 +74,14 @@
                                        break
                else:
                        command = "/sbin/ifconfig"
-                       proc = subprocess.Popen(command, shell=True, stdout=subprocess.PIPE,)
-                       for line in proc.stdout:
-                               if line.find('Ether') > -1:
-                                       mac = line.split()[4]
-                                       break
+                        try:
+                           proc = subprocess.Popen(command, shell=True, stdout=subprocess.PIPE,)
+                           for line in proc.stdout:
+                                   if line.find('Ether') > -1:
+                                           mac = line.split()[4]
+                                           break
+                        except:
+                            pass
                return mac

def __add_params_to_url(self, method, fnparams=None, addrender=True, addserial=True):
(2012-11-21, 15:20)s7mx1 Wrote: The addon seems to hard coded ifconfig to get mac address which always fails on android platform.

Here is the quick fix to make it work on android platform.

Thank you! This fix works perfect on my Hannspad.

espe
The station that I would like to stream WZID is marked unsupported, but it works fine in the android version of TuneIn Radio. Any thoughts on streaming this station?
This is great app and works perfect in XBMCbuntu but i have one question.
How can i record/download radio streams HuhHuh
Is there icon or keyboard shortcut to do that ?
There is download option In TuneIn settings and I can set up place to download streams but ... HOW TO START RECORDING HuhHuhHuhHuh?
On iPad or iPhone recording in TuneIn works great. Here on XBMC is mystery.
(2012-02-16, 12:02)brianhornsby Wrote:
leftywhat Wrote:I just want be able to go into the add-on once, add a custom url, highlight it, press c, add to favourites (being xbmc favourites).

Then I can make a custom button in the main menu in Aeon MQ3 skin called "Radio", and then have as a Sub-Menu "station1" "station2" etc which you just link via favourites.

The following seems to work for some stations.
  1. Start playing the station you wish to add to favourites.
  2. Bring up the playlist window.
  3. Select the playing stream, bring up context menu, add to favourites.
You should now be able to add the station to the sub-menu.

Thank you SO MUCH for this! I have been looking for ages for a way to do this.
For me a must have app i use on pc and mob and now xbmc...one question i cant find how to record...Huh a nice working add-on / tool all the same ...thanks
(2013-07-03, 21:09)S0lstice9 Wrote: For me a must have app i use on pc and mob and now xbmc...one question i cant find how to record...??? a nice working add-on / tool all the same ...thanks

Sorry, but the TuneIn add-on does not provide the ability to record streams.
(2013-07-04, 00:00)brianhornsby Wrote: Sorry, but the TuneIn add-on does not provide the ability to record streams.

Sorry, but XBMC doesn't support saving streams.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
(2013-07-04, 10:41)Xycl Wrote:
(2013-07-04, 00:00)brianhornsby Wrote: Sorry, but the TuneIn add-on does not provide the ability to record streams.

Sorry, but XBMC doesn't support saving streams.

I think I might be able to add recording to the add-on.
The add-on already has a function to download podcasts and that can probably be changed to download streams.
No estimate on when I'll be able to release an update, but hopefully sometime this month...maybe...probably...ish Wink
Biggest problem with this addon is that so many of the stations on TuneIn are "popout" players that aren't actually on the site, so whether a station will play or not is pretty hit and miss.
Thank you Brian for this plugin! I've been wanting to have tunin directly in xbmc for some time now!
Now I have my favorites both in my android's tunein client and in my living room. And no need to launch and navigate navi-x just to browse tunein.
It works great.

ideas:
- it would be awesome to have your plugin in a repo (official or not) so that when you post new releases, we would receive an automatic update
- tunein's official client in android has a "recommended" type listing, that I think they build based on what you listen to. It would be awesome to have that list in xbmc as well, to discover new stations.

Keep it up!
cheers
Hi,

Thanks for the great plugin Brian all works great except for one thing I have noticed is that the sound level is very low when I try to play a radio station I have to almost double the sound level on my TV to what I use for watching a movie. Is that something in my setup or something possibly relating to the add on itself?

Thanks
Love this app. Been using the iPhone version for several years and I like having it at home too since I'm in a fringe area and reception is spotty. My streams play great, the only problem I am having is that they seem to timeout after about 30 minutes. Did I miss something in the setup somewhere?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
hi Brian, the links under Singapore are not working.
(2013-09-21, 05:56)pccking Wrote: hi Brian, the links under Singapore are not working.

Release 2.0.2 should fix this issue.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] TuneIn Radio Plugin?3