[USER-REVIEW] MS-Tech CI70 (Case)
Hi everyone,

Amelandbor asked me to do a little review about the CI70 Case from MS-Tech

At first a little background:
I'm using 3 Apple TVs 2G in my apartment and i wanted to get "ambilight" (aka boblight aka adalight aka atmolight) behind my tv. Sadly the ATV2 has no usb host support, so i needed a new Media Center PC.

I searched the forums and i choosed the AMD Fusion as my intended Plattform.

I also wanted to get a picopsu and no fans, so there is no noise.

At next i needed a small as possible case. I search mini-box.com for cases, had a looked at the Origin M10 and nohting seems to fit my requirements or my wallet. At last i walked to my local pc store and there i found the MS-Tech CI70.

It was quite amazing. Full Aluminium chassis, inbuilt power supply, nice design and that for 60 bucks (€Wink. I purchased it.

At home i found out that it's really good hadled. The whole chassis consists of 3 mm (i think) aluminium and it is really heavy for its size.

After fitting all components (just the mini itx mainboard) in the case i hooked everything to my tv and started the pc with a kill-a-watt. It uses 21 Watt in Idle. I think the power brick or the internal psu are not the efficient parts, but it is ok.

I made some pictures for you. I hope they are ok, if anybody needs better or larger pictures, i could take some at day Wink.

Here some others:

nice case specially for the price!
thanks for sharing!
Thanks a lot, I think this is the case I'll be using soon.
I got a question about the case, do you think it is good enough for a completely passive system with an asus E45M1-I DELUXE for instance? combined with an ssd it will be a very good htpc and yes i know this thread is 2 months old
nice case but I'm looking for a taller one, so that I can fit a 140mm slow rpm fan inside to move the air around.
This is for a passively cooled board, the Zotac Fusion350-A-E
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This seems to be "all the cases I've been looking at lately" day on these forums.

The USA dealer for these cases (the manufacturer in China is 'Iwill') is here and they are in the process of getting stock:
http://www.ecosmartpc.com/

They don't have the littlest one that's reviewed here (HT60 it's called) but they have the next two sizes up (HT80 and HT100), both of which have ODD slots. I have the HT80 as my bedroom HTPC and I love it.

I wonder if they will have dust filters ? the one with 80mm fan support could work for me
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

it is possible to fit a 3,5" hard drive?
(2012-04-13, 11:31)pike Wrote: I wonder if they will have dust filters ? the one with 80mm fan support could work for me

No, they do not come with dust filters and if you're referring to the HT100 it's a 60mm fan.

(2012-04-15, 16:41)ferd Wrote: it is possible to fit a 3,5" hard drive?

Not in the HT60 nor HT80, however the HT100 can fit a 3.5" hard drive. See here: http://outsidethestb.blogspot.com/2012/0...5-hdd.html.
I'm reffering to the upcoming E17 model, says it supports 80mm fan, it's a little taller also

No dustfilters, a real oversight today if you ask me Sad

(2012-04-17, 12:47)pike Wrote: I'm reffering to the upcoming E17 model, says it supports 80mm fan, it's a little taller also

No dustfilters, a real oversight today if you ask me Sad

Yeah, it's too bad none of those cases come with one but it's pretty cheap and easy to add after-the-fact: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6811988016
Does this case comes with a remote?
no hole, no remote technical data (pdf)
The 80 one does...( which has also hole for slim dvd)...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[USER-REVIEW] MS-Tech CI70 (Case)0