Installed XBMCbuntu without Internet - Did I cause some issues that I'm having?
I've built two XBMC computers, one for me and one for a friend. I installed mine with an internet connection and things are running well. His without, later we connected it to the internet and let it update and do an apt-get update and upgrade. His computer has minor issues

When I try to exit, it crashes and relaunches XBMC. I can't get to the log in screen to log into the desktop to run handbrake (This may just be because it was updating the music library, earlier I could get there, will check later).
I installed handbrake, but it doesn't show up in the start menu, so I have to run it from the console to launch the gui version. But it does on the other machine. When I do that, it scans in the DVD, but it doesn't let me pick a title... so I can't rip it.
Are there multiple players on XBMC? His video player looks different and skips more (but he has a better CPU, everything else is the same).

Anything you guys know of that I should add/update that I may have missed?

Both of us are running 12.2
AsRock B75-ITX
Core i3 3225 Ivy Bridge (His is i5 Ivy)
8GB Ram
I don't know how much the XBMC will alter things, but I'd be willing to try cloning the install which went smoothly to transfer it to the other. I've found that linux is sufficiently resilient to survive installing on different hardware - if you're interested, research clonezilla.

Otherwise, you're probably down to consulting the logs (especially xbmc.log) to get clues as to what is going wrong.
Derek
I would hazard a guess that his audio settings are set differently or he has different audio hardware hooked up all together.
Please upload a debug log (wiki) of the affected system booting and playing a video file.
Thank you. WE fixed the audioissue. It was the output of HDMI being set incorrectly in one of the settings. Right now my biggest issue is why handbrake isn't working. I'm also wondering, are there multiple players XBMC uses to play videos or just one?
XBMC has a two major internal players: PAPlayer (wiki) for audio and DVDPlayer (wiki) for video & audio.

It used to have DSPlayer (wiki) as well, but that has been abandoned and now done by DVDPlayer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installed XBMCbuntu without Internet - Did I cause some issues that I'm having?0