[Eden] How to set default folder for Videos?
Hi,

I was just wonering why I can set a default folder for my Music files, i.e. the folder that is entered by default when clicking oin "Music", but I cannot do the same when selecting "Videos", there simply is no option in the options menu to set a default folder, so I always have to naviate through Files -> Myfolders -> etc.

Can anybody please explain what I am doing wrong?

Thanks alot
Videos contains both movies and tv shows, thats why there is no default folder xbmc will open up to everytime.

Add your movie source and scan to library, add your tv shows and scan to library, then go into settings, home menu options, turn off videos button and turn on movies and tv shows buttons.

Now on the home menu click either tv shows or movies, xbmc will now open on respective default folders.
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
The "Set default" option for the video library was removed. We've seen a lot of complaints about this hereabouts, so I'm not sure removing it was a great idea. However I don't work on that bit of code so I'm not in a good position to put it back.

JR
I all so misses the "make default folder" in eden.
In my old setup XBMC booted up an startet in my Video folder on my NAS. Now i have to go to files => Video and then i'm there.

I dont want to use Libary mode because it mixes cartoons, TV shows, action movies ec. up. Not easy for the wife og kid!
I miss this function to, but sort of replicated it by choosing my video folder as a favourite and using a shortcut with AeonMQ3.
ok i tried Aeon MQ3 and Aeon Nox but couldn't find the place to edit, How did you do it?

which file to edit?
jhsrennie Wrote:The "Set default" option for the video library was removed. We've seen a lot of complaints about this hereabouts, so I'm not sure removing it was a great idea. However I don't work on that bit of code so I'm not in a good position to put it back.

JR

Did this option come back in "XBMC 11 Eden RC2"?

Huh
Djsnake86 Wrote:Did this option come back in "XBMC 11 Eden RC2"?

Huh

No.
No good XD
Would be nice to have it back.

philip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Eden] How to set default folder for Videos?0