Windows Eden crashes on 'skip'
When playing local content (H264) in Eden and using the right arrow key to skip ahead three or four times the XBMC software crashes with a 'stopped responding' error. This does not happen if I revert to Dhama. I am using the PVR version of both, however this is the same for any version of Eden that I have tried. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?
That doesn't happen here (watching Toy Story 3). Can you pop a debug log on pastebin.com.

JR
umm that is odd. I'll re install and take a look at the fault log. It definitively doesn't do it in Dharma, have done three separate re installs to check, clearing the whole library once. Thanks for the response.
Yes, Eden crashes every time for me if I do three or four skip forwards in a row. I now have Dharma and Eden on the same machine, Dhama does not crash, Eden does. I had a quick look at the fault log, and it was looking to do something with the audio when it crashed. I obviously need to look at this properly, but has audio handling changed in Eden?
Same issue here, but I just installed Beta 2 and it crashed right away when I was skipping forward on a video to see if it was still happening.

I've enabled the logging but can't it to happen again, will keep trying!
so I tried again to catch it while the debug was on.

So after 40 mintunes, i turned it off restart XBMC first video I skip ahead it crashes.

geez.
Pandobear Wrote:Yes, Eden crashes every time for me if I do three or four skip forwards in a row. I now have Dharma and Eden on the same machine, Dhama does not crash, Eden does. I had a quick look at the fault log, and it was looking to do something with the audio when it crashed. I obviously need to look at this properly, but has audio handling changed in Eden?

ahh right - lets talk about that log. See line1? Yeah? Well me doesn't... Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Please help the devs - POST A DEBUG LOG TO PASTEBIN AND LINK IT HERE!
try again tonight.

Every time I turn the debug on it never happens!
Star 
warwon Wrote:try again tonight.

Ditto... tried to catch it with debug on and it doesn't happen... I do notice that crashes seem to occur when I'm vicariously flexing back & forth... of course I waited all last night with the debug on... without so much as a hiccup.
warwon Wrote:try again tonight.

I experience exactly the same issue, skipping forward or back crashes after an indeterminate time, switch debug logging on and the problem disappears, switch logging off and it starts crashing again.
Question 
Has anyone found a cause for this behaviour yet? Is there any more information that i can provide that would help pinpoint a cause?

Kaisho
The problem still occurs after a clean install of Beta 3, switching debugging on fixes the crashing. Sad
I've been having the exact same issue since installing Eden beta. Some files seem more prone to crashing while trying to skip than others. I'll see if I can get a debug log.
Installed Beta 2 and 3 on five htpcs with Windows 7 so far. Same problem... it crashes randomly during skipping in movies. If debug mode is turned on the problem does not appear and the problem also not appears in Beta 1 as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Eden crashes on 'skip'0