different backgrounds for favourites added to home menu?
Hi,

I have added a set of favourites to appear as menu items on the main menu, but they all have the default background (a graphic equalizer). I'd like each to have its own background image. Is this possible, and if so how do I go about doing it?

Thanks!
They are located here

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\backgrounds
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Brokkah Wrote:Hi,

I have added a set of favourites to appear as menu items on the main menu, but they all have the default background (a graphic equalizer). I'd like each to have its own background image. Is this possible, and if so how do I go about doing it?

Thanks!

go into skinsettings -> backgrounds
There you can chose what image you want for every enabled menu item
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Aha, now I see! Thanks a lot!
Martijn Wrote:go into skinsettings -> backgrounds
There you can chose what image you want for every enabled menu item

I'm not exactly sure if these instructions pertain to what I want to do but maybe you can help me regardless.

I want to manually change the background "fanart" for each tv show. The only option I see within the skin settings are for the backgrounds for the HomeWindow.

If I'm not making any sense then I can post a picture later on to help.

Is there possibly a different menu I need to be in for this?
Crazypinoy9 Wrote:I want to manually change the background "fanart" for each tv show. The only option I see within the skin settings are for the backgrounds for the HomeWindow.

What do you mean? If your artwork was downloaded properly, the fanart for each TV show should be displayed automatically when you're browsing them, as long as you use a view that displays fanart. There's no need for a manual setting.

Edit to clarify: displaying fanart when browsing is different from setting the background pictures from the home screen.
To change fanart go to video info screen (press I on keyboard) and go to 'Get Fanart'
Thank you for responding so quickly guys!

I already have Fan Art enabled and they do in fact display when I cycle through my shows, but is there any way to choose an alternate image of my choosing for that background?

So for instance for the following picture (taken from the gallery thread). Is there any way to change the "band of brothers" fan art to an alternate version directly from my hard drive?

Crazypinoy9 Wrote:Thank you for responding so quickly guys!

I already have Fan Art enabled and they do in fact display when I cycle through my shows, but is there any way to choose an alternate image of my choosing for that background?

So for instance for the following picture (taken from the gallery thread). Is there any way to change the "band of brothers" fan art to an alternate version directly from my hard drive?

Same way: 'Get fanart' and then browse to your fanart location
Martijn Wrote:Same way: 'Get fanart' and then browse to your fanart location

I'm sorry but I'm VERY new to this...I've been reading all the tutorials I can for the last few days and I must of missed that. Can you direct me to a tutorial for that or possibly just point me to where that folder will be?

Thank you so much!
Crazypinoy9 Wrote:I'm sorry but I'm VERY new to this...I've been reading all the tutorials I can for the last few days and I must of missed that. Can you direct me to a tutorial for that or possibly just point me to where that folder will be?

Thank you so much!

You should be able to use BACKSPACE when you do 'get fanart -> browse' and go way up in the folder levels until you see the same folder as your movie source name. Go into that and browse until you find your fanart.
Martijn Wrote:You should be able to use BACKSPACE when you do 'get fanart -> browse' and go way up in the folder levels until you see the same folder as your movie source name. Go into that and browse until you find your fanart.

Are these instructions to any particular version of XBMC? I'm using Dharma and can't seem to find any menu where I can even hit the BACKSPACE key that leads me to "fanart". Anytime I hit the BACKSPACE key it just takes me to the previous menu.

I'm sorry for being suck a noob with this but I'm more of a visual type of person so I'm obviously struggling with this.

Thank you for all your help so far!
By "fan art of my choosing" do you mean a picture that you have on your hard drive (like you downloaded or created yourself)? Or do you just want to choose a diffent one that xbmc has available?
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
TechLife Wrote:By "fan art of my choosing" do you mean a picture that you have on your hard drive (like you downloaded or created yourself)? Or do you just want to choose a diffent one that xbmc has available?

from my hard drive
- Highlight the show that you want to modify and press 'I'. This will bring up the info screen.
- On the info screen, there will be an option labeled "Get Fanart". Highlight it and press enter.
- At the very bottom of the list that appears (of remote fanarts) there is 'Browse'. Highlight it and press enter.

You should now see your local drives (C:, D:, etc) you can navigate through there (just like you do in windows) to the folder containing the picture you want to use. Once there, highlight the pic you want to use and press enter. You should now be taken back to the info screen and the fanart you just selected should be displayed. You can now hit 'backspace' to close the info screen and you should see the fanart you just selected.

If this doesn't help, I can send you some screenshots of what I'm talking about. Good luck!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
different backgrounds for favourites added to home menu?0