ATV2 wired keeps buffering from W7 SMB
Question 
I have an ATV2 running iOS 5 (4.4.4) and eden. Connected via ethernet.
I keep getting buffering problems when I watch xvid files or dvd's. Oddly enough, watching a 2.2gb x264 720p file goes ok.

The files are hosted on a smb W7 share. When I use my laptop (even over wireless), everything streams fine, so the performance of the share, nor the network should be the issue).

Online streaming goes without a glitch. HD content sometimes stutters, but no buffering.

I tried all the tips in the faq (audio is set to digital, thumbnails are off, playback sync is off).

I don't really know what else I can do. I'd prefer not having to install some software on the windows machine to replace SMB. Any tips?

I Jailbreaked the apple tv using season pass. Installed XBMC Version 11.0-BETA1, Git:20111222-22ad8e4 (compiled dec 24).
nobody? Sad Anybody at least experiencing the same issues?
i had buffering, switched to nfs from smb...everything works great now....
I'm hosting files on windows 7, so switching to nfs is not an option. I'm looking into configuring ftp on the windows machine right now, but am still dissapointed that there is no easier alternative... :S Apparantely there is no way to get the ATV2 running iOS5 4.4.4 and XBMC Eden to connect with a windows 7 share over a gigabit network and play vobs, xvids, divx and other files without constant buffering? It doesn't sound like such a strange set up to me.

Anybody have a similar setup and plays without problems or had the problems but managed to fix them? Maybe I'm forgetting something?
why is it not an option? im hosting files from win 7 as well....
atv2 hates xvid files. Its been reported many a time. I have 2 NAS and have tried all possible protocols. xvid is a NO NO. if you still wanna use these file try firecore's media player. Plays xvid with ease.
I have problems with all kinds of file formats, not just xvid. DVD VOB's as well. And I don't know how I could create NFS shares on windows 7 without scarsely used 3rd party software. I know I can mount NFS shares on windows 7, but how to host them?
the switch to ftp solved it. Did end up with a library full with duplicate entries that doesn't clean up when I run the clean library option...

At least playback works fine now Smile
Delete your video database and rescrape
rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVid*
I have an ATV2 running iOS 5 (4.4.4) and eden V11 beta. Connected via ethernet over power to a win 7 smb and it will play vobs, xvids, divx and other files without constant buffering.
Sometimes a movie might stop and buffer once but thats the most its ever done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 wired keeps buffering from W7 SMB0