• 17(current)
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand
Here's a debug log:

http://pastebin.com/vAZCM1x1

The problem with 4od - 8 out of 10 cats - is that it will not load any episodes - as soon as I select the programme there's a script error
(2012-06-04, 19:40)Hitcher Wrote: TV Shows and Movies = Portraits

The suggestion seems to be that TV Shows can only have portrait images - clearly not the case (nobody told Channel4). I think that XBMC should be changed to allow for images that do not happen to follow that standard.

What I will do is look into optionally using portrait images from alternative websites for the tv show listings.
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
@castalla

Please try again with this version of default.py (rename it to default.py).

The plugin is choking on the web page that lists the episodes of the show. This version will add the contents of the webpage to the log.
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
Log: http://pastebin.com/8x5tvyup

Same outcome ... script error.

There's something funny about the web page - it didn't like being added to the log.

Try this one. See if that produces anything.
Okay - that fixed it!!!

Do you want a log?

Thanks a lot!
@castalla

It appears fixed because we effectively trapped the error and then ignored it. I still need to find out what's happening and fix the problem.

If you don't mind I'd like to run one more version which will create a copy of the errant web page in your [XBMC]/userdata folder called show.html. Please upload this file somewhere (not pastebin or anywhere that just shows the contents, I need an exact copy of the file. Maybe mediafire.com or somewhere like that), and post a copy of your log as usual.

@Joseph291 This plugin uses XBMC's mechanisms for streaming video. The plugin does not explicitly store any streamed video, in a cache or otherwise (unless you choose to download the video instead of playing it). I've never looked into it, but my guess is that XBMC caches a few minutes of video at a time (there's probably some settings that affect the amount of caching) and deletes the remaining cache after the you've watched the video.
I used the default but there's no show.html file being saved .....
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that Channel 4 has posted all videos on youtube and you can watch all of them using the youtube add-on
@castalla

Can you try again and please post the log?
The log is over 500 kb and I can't pastebin it!

Is there an alternative?

There's still no show html
Have you looked in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata?

You could always use medafire or something like that to upload the log.
Yes ... there's no show file there.

I'll wait for further instructions before trying mediafire
Instruction: TRY MEDIAFIRE
here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzz73n64llt84cm
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand1