• 10(current)
[RELEASE] The Trailers
My dad uses the same xbmc stuff that i do, i just got from his place and i noticed the addon was updated. He has the same problem. Maybe its something in the updates.

Ill try the set path thingie, maybe it works

UPDATE:

so i set download path even when its on stream mode and it seems it does do the trick. It plays the trailer again. But....everytime i startup the addon and after watching a trailer it says "error in script: addon.py"

any thoughts?
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
have you had a chance to look into this?

thanks!
Hi Martijn,

Have you ever considered adding the option of "Add to queue" to the context menu?

Unfortunately Cinema Experience is very hit or miss for me lately (it crashes due to other scripts running in the background) so I would love to be able to queue up a few trailers and then the movie and hit start :-)

Thanks
For about a week it's been terminally freezing for most (but not all trailers). Have to ctrl-alt-delete to end the xbmc task. Log file.

UPDATE: Uninstalled The Trailers. Deleted it's add-on settings. Reinstalled. Works fine again.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2012-07-08, 19:05)Ajedi Wrote: My dad uses the same xbmc stuff that i do, i just got from his place and i noticed the addon was updated. He has the same problem. Maybe its something in the updates.

Ill try the set path thingie, maybe it works

UPDATE:

so i set download path even when its on stream mode and it seems it does do the trick. It plays the trailer again. But....everytime i startup the addon and after watching a trailer it says "error in script: addon.py"

any thoughts?

any thoughts yet martijn? the error is pretty annoying.

thanks!
I'm not getting any film covers showing up any more, is this a known issue?

If anyone is getting the 'opening stream' and then a failure I think I have sorted it.

I was having issues with xbmc so did a full re-install and the trailers wouldn't work after, but after reading bits of this thread I've fixed it
As said in a previous post set a download path.

It seems that it needs a download path in the configuration of 'the trailers' add-on to buffer the file too.
Once I set a path it streamed flawlessly

Darren
(2012-07-13, 15:49)ratata Wrote: The solution by setting a download location also fixed my problems with using the script (addon.py). I need to start the script from addons, if I try from the submenu from movies it says error "addon.py".

I can't get the "Show Downloads" option to work. Trailers downloads correctly but it wont show them. I've put the download folder in favourites, but would be easier to show the downloaded trailers from the menu within the addon.

http://pastebin.com/6UiyLXSS
Try again without spamming this thread with useless code snippets like stated in the first post.

Show downloads doesn't do anything btw.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Some updates for anynoe having issues (as I've had a decent chunk of trouble getting this running since it auto updated the other day).

Since v0.9.0 you need to have a download directory in the settings, even if you don't download, it will fail to run without it.

The link from the dropdown in the home menu simply fals and generates an Error, Script Failed : addon.py!. You need to run the add-on from the add-on menu for the time being. ('GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.the.trailers/addon.py').

I managed to get the other constant addon.py error from withtin the plugin to stop generating by ensuring the skin made no reference to thumbnails or fanart. This was generating an extrathumbnails or extrafanart error in the log. ('GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.the.trailers/extrathumbs/').

The entire logfile is here... http://pastebin.com/M9GR3CZj

Cheers,
Stuart.

(2012-07-24, 07:48)slandells Wrote: Some updates for anynoe having issues (as I've had a decent chunk of trouble getting this running since it auto updated the other day).

Since v0.9.0 you need to have a download directory in the settings, even if you don't download, it will fail to run without it.
Will be fixed on next update
Quote:The link from the dropdown in the home menu simply fals and generates an Error, Script Failed : addon.py!. You need to run the add-on from the add-on menu for the time being. ('GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.the.trailers/addon.py').
Works perfectly for me.
This is a skin issue and needs to be fixed there

Quote:I managed to get the other constant addon.py error from withtin the plugin to stop generating by ensuring the skin made no reference to thumbnails or fanart. This was generating an extrathumbnails or extrafanart error in the log. ('GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.the.trailers/extrathumbs/').

The entire logfile is here... http://pastebin.com/M9GR3CZj

Cheers,
Stuart.

This is a skin issue and needs to be fixed there
(2012-07-24, 08:33)Martijn Wrote: This is a skin issue and needs to be fixed there

No worries, will pass this on. Just thought it might have had something to do with the update, as it all worked fine before it was updated and didn't generate any errors until the later version was installed.

I'm assuming the fact that it doesn't remember it's own skin settings and changes all skin settings for all libraries (ie. change in Trailers, it changes in TV Shows and Movies, but change in either of those and they don't affect each other) is also a skin specific issue that will need to be passed on.

Note: I am using Aeon MQ3 on Frodo Alpha3, for anyone who may be having the same issue, will post in appropriate thread and back here with any fixes...
(2012-07-24, 09:21)slandells Wrote: I'm assuming the fact that it doesn't remember it's own skin settings and changes all skin settings for all libraries (ie. change in Trailers, it changes in TV Shows and Movies, but change in either of those and they don't affect each other) is also a skin specific issue that will need to be passed on.

Because the plugin sets itself to movie content if you switch the view in the plugin you also switch it in normal movie view
how does the couch potato intergration work? i have put in my CP info but i don't see an option to download a movie or what quality.

also how can i view older trailers or can i only view newish trailerS?
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
Context Menu for the options.
@Martijn, I've noticed there's a problem with titles containing the '&' character. Everything before '&' gets cut off and this in turn messes up adding to CP.

ie 'Robot & Frank' gets listed as 'Robot' and CP looks for 'Robot (2012)' and fails.

Thanks.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Trailers1