[Iphone]XBMC use, should choose and Iphone4 or 4s?
Hi everybody!
Long time user, first time poster, first I want to thank everybody who's working on xbmc, since I've been enjoying it's use a lot since I got my Zotac HTPC HD-ID11 Smile

Just a quick question and I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times but I'm on the verge of getting a smartphone, and I just checked the roadmap for xbmc in 2012, and also the fact that the A5 idevices jailbreaking seems to be getting closer and closer...

so here's my question :
let's say that A5 jb is out in the next few months, will I be able at all to get the A4 compatible version of xbmc running on an Iphone 4s or do I have to wait for xbmc12 betas? (I'm secretly hoping that A5 are backward compatible with A4 instructions required by xbmc11 (and using only one of the 2 cores for now) but maybe my understanding is totaly wrong)

or maybe I'l just get an Iphone4 and use xbmc11 instead.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers, and again sorry if this has been asked before or doesn't make sense Smile
Shin Wrote:Hi everybody!
Long time user, first time poster, first I want to thank everybody who's working on xbmc, since I've been enjoying it's use a lot since I got my Zotac HTPC HD-ID11 Smile

Just a quick question and I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times but I'm on the verge of getting a smartphone, and I just checked the roadmap for xbmc in 2012, and also the fact that the A5 idevices jailbreaking seems to be getting closer and closer...

so here's my question :
let's say that A5 jb is out in the next few months, will I be able at all to get the A4 compatible version of xbmc running on an Iphone 4s or do I have to wait for xbmc12 betas? (I'm secretly hoping that A5 are backward compatible with A4 instructions required by xbmc11 (and using only one of the 2 cores for now) but maybe my understanding is totaly wrong)

or maybe I'l just get an Iphone4 and use xbmc11 instead.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers, and again sorry if this has been asked before or doesn't make sense Smile

The fact that xbmc already runs on the ipad2 which has nearly the same hardware as the iphone4s gives a good feeling of it - right? Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Great, I didn't know!
So thanks for clearing that up, I'm looking forward to see where all of this is going then Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Iphone]XBMC use, should choose and Iphone4 or 4s?0