Context Menu Stuttering
In movies (more so) and in TV Shows, there's definite stuttering and a slowing frame rate whenever I hit the context menu.

I've tinkered with various settings and can't seem to make it go right.

This doesn't happen for me with transparency or confluence. I'm not sure what it is, but it does seem to be considerably slower, in that you can see "ghosting" almost.

This strange framerate like stuttering seems to exist, mildly, in the music section as well - particularly if you have the artist slide show running.

Now, I tested this in transparency and that slowness wasn't there, though I'm not sure the artist slide show was running. It may of been something different, as the only setting I could see was enable last.fm visualisations - so it may not of been a good test.
I need a full debug log to see what's going on.
Big_Noid Wrote:I need a full debug log to see what's going on.

Cheers Big_Noid!

Below is my log!
http://pastebin.com/m6HXujR1

It's quite strange as the behaviour isn't in the other skins, but it's almost as if the context menu is appearing in slow motion. Well, not *that* slow, but maybe 1/2 of slow-motion, if that quantifies it any.
Debug log doesn't show anything to indicate slowdowns. I know the zoom animation is intentionally slowish, but no different then in Dharma.
Can't reproduce it either so I'm stuck here.
Big_Noid Wrote:Debug log doesn't show anything to indicate slowdowns. I know the zoom animation is intentionally slowish, but no different then in Dharma.
Can't reproduce it either so I'm stuck here.

I'm not sure what to do either, because it's definitely slower in every situation where there's a context menu, whether it's music, tv, or movies.

Unless you think my specs are too weak for the Dharma-Eden jump? Though it has no slowness in confluence or transparency?

Could I maybe try using confluence's bit for context? Or is that a difficult gut?

I just installed github and am working that bit out, so that way merging changes is easier (?)

Cheers

(This is not-related, but I have to say - the way you have the main menu customisation and how it replaces the old way of doing favourites - very very cool Big Grin I also really like how you can do BOTH multi-image and fanart as options for backgrounds of menu items. That is really nice too. I have the fanart set as my background option for 'videos'. Class! Tongue )
I went into DialogContextMenu.xml and removed the first <include>

This seemed to solve the issue for myself.

Are there any other alternatives for "effects" rather than the zoom that I could test with? Or does that have to be custom done?
You can change the include to Animation_DialogPopup instead of Animation_DialogZoom.
Big_Noid Wrote:You can change the include to Animation_DialogPopup instead of Animation_DialogZoom.

That works like a charm. Weird huh? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context Menu Stuttering0